komplete kontrol says "TOO OLD"

aman
aman Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited December 2022 in Kontakt

Has anyone found a fix to this issue with Kontakt Player where every instrument I load says my version of Kontakt is too old? I am new to Kontakt and started with version 7 but I accidentally installed 6 from native access. Is it an issue with having the wrong path because I have everything on an external ssd? Everything works in Kontakt but not in Kontakt Player. Ive reinstalled everything but no luck yet. Thanks for reading.

Best Answer

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod

Hello,

some libraries need kontakt 7 (player) in order to work, you should also uninstall kontakt 6 if you own 7. Only if you have 6 full and 7 player it might be useful to have both installed, but only if you use the functions of the 6 full version.

• aman

Yes thank you. I forgot to mention I have deleted 6 but my problem still persists making me believe its a path issue but not sure how to solve.

• aman

I wouldn't care but I just bought a s88 and it looks like the controls only connect with Komplete Control. Damit I just realized that I meant to tittle this thread "KOMPLETE KONTROL says too old" but I put Kontakt Player says... New mistake but that makes a big difference. Maybe I should re-post?

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod
    edited November 2022

I have edited the title, you don't need to post again. Have you checked in native access, that all is up to date. And if you have uninstalled (not deleted!!) kontakt 6 it should be gone but you could check the vst folders for the kontakt.dll, without a version number, kontakt 7 has one again, so there should be only kontakt7.dll. But the vst3 folder is hidden under windows. C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

And if you just open komplete kontrol and add an instrument by clicking in the + (about in the middle on top) there must be then a drop down menu, there you could also check what kontakt version is installed.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Is this happening in Komplete Kontrol in standalone or in a DAW?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

You never got back to us. We’re closing this thread now. If you still need assistance on that topic, please get in touch here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_kontakt

This discussion has been closed.