Crash : moving project from MAC to PC

Abdulrahman Mohammed
Abdulrahman Mohammed Member Posts: 7 Member
edited February 2023 in Kontakt

Hi Guys,

I'm Cubase user,

I started a project in Mac, then I moved it to the PC,

When I try to open the project in the PC , Cubase crash.

The crash didn’t happen when I removed all the Native Instruments tracks from the project.

Its strange , because I'm using the same NI libraries in the MAC and in the PC , and they are working fine in both. The problem happens just whenever I transfer the project.

Any one has same this problem?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,113 mod
    edited November 2022

Could you reproduce the issue with a very small project, zip the project and share it here?

Please give us your system specs on both computers, OS, versions of NI plug-ins on both systems, etc...

• Abdulrahman Mohammed
    Abdulrahman Mohammed Member Posts: 7 Member

Hi @Jeremy_NI,

I was investigating more about this issue, I found that my explanation wasn't accurate.

I said, the issue happens whenever I move a project from Mac to PC, but I found that is not accurate.

The problem is with the Kontakt 7 Player on the PC. I didn't notice that immediately because the crash doesn't happen immediately when I add Kontakt 7 Player track in Cubase. The crash happens just after I close the project and open it again, or when I try to duplicate that track contains Kontakt 7 Player.

I tried to uninstall Kontakt 7 Player and reinstall it but that didn't help.

I would like to mention that the older version Kontakt 6.7.1 is working fine with no issue.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-7900X CPU @ 3.30GHz  3.31 GHz

RAM : 128 GB 

Edition: : Windows 11 Pro

Version : 22H2

Installed on: ‎14/‎10/‎2022

OS build : 22621.819

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22636.1000.0

-------------------------------------------------------------

• Jeremy_NI

@Abdulrahman Mohammed I contacted you by email regarding this issue, we need more info on your system.

• Jeremy_NI

@Abdulrahman Mohammed Did you get my email at all?

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

No news from you for a while. We’re closing this thread now. If you still need assistance on that topic, please get in touch here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_kontakt

This discussion has been closed.