Komplete Kontrol 2.8.0 VST3 update

StickMcFly
StickMcFly Member Posts: 3 Member
edited December 2022 in Native Access

Hi everybody, recently I updated all my software in Native Access. Once I updated Komplete Kontrol to 2.8.0, it installed the VST3 version of the plug in. Since then, the VST2 version that I have in all of my Ableton projects stopped working propperly. When I tried to reinstall the software, the VST2 version disappeared. Every track using Komplete Kontrol is now useless, since Ableton can not find & load the VST2 Komplete Kontrol.

Does anybody know what my options are here? Is there a way to get the VST2 version of Komplete Kontrol again? Or can I somehow set up Ableton in a way, that it loads the VST3 version instead of looking for the VST2 one?

Best Answer

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,534 Expert
    edited November 2022

You haven't filled in your computer specs in your profile or mention if you are on PC/Mac (Intel based or M1)

That would be helpful info to know as a starter

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@StickMcFly On your profile it says you're on Windows 11. VST2 plug-ins are still supported on Windows so this should not happen. VST2 files get also updated (except for Kontakt 7 that is VST3 only). Were these projects using Kontakt libraries in Komplete Kontrol ? Did you install Kontakt 7?

VST2 version should also not disappear. If you are using custom VST plug-in folders in Ableton make sure they match the install locations for VST2 plug-ins in Native Access. A little reminder: VST Plug-in Administration in Ableton Live (Windows)

• StickMcFly
    StickMcFly Member Posts: 3 Member

Hi everybody, thanks for your comments

I could resolve the problem in the mean time by downgrading the Komplete Kontrol plugin with this download:

After downgrading Komplete Kontrol, the VST2 Version appeared again, after updating KK with Native Access, the VST2 version worked normally again.

Still not really sure what caused the problem, but maybe this procedure could help somebody in a similar situation.

• Jeremy_NI

Hey @StickMcFly I checked again on one PC, reinstalled the latest 2.8.0 update and it's showing both as a VST and a VST3 in Ableton. As you can see, the vst file is found here:

As you can see it's in the Native Access default location. If you want to update at some point you'll need to have a deeper look in the administration of your VST plug-ins and contact our support if the problem still occurs when your Komplete Kontrol dll file is installed in the right directory.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

You never got back to us. We’re closing this thread now. If you still need assistance on that topic, please get in touch here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_kontakt

This discussion has been closed.