Komplete Kontrol M32 "Touch Error"

Thomas34
Thomas34 Member Posts: 9 Member
edited November 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Hey community, I get the "Touch Error", EVERYTIME I turn on my PC and they M32 is already connected to it. If I pull out the USB cable and pull it in again, everything works fine. So I could just pull the cable everytime I shut down my PC and pull it in again after the PC has started. That's not the way it should be however. Any ideas what I could do about it?

Firmware is the latest, I just double checked on it.

Best Answer

• Thomas34
    Answer ✓

@MyStudioOne Thank you. I deinstalled the 3 Komplete Kontrol lines in my Windows APPS. I left the other packages untouched however.

I did as you said and now it works just fine, no more Error. I am very glad.

One question though: The M32 has no "Power button". Is it recommended to pull off the USB cable everytime I shut down my PC or can I just keep the cable in and just turn off my "socket distributor", where all my cables are in?

Answers

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    edited November 2022

Reinstall the driver for M32 again with unconnected M32.

• MyStudioOne
    MyStudioOne Member Posts: 254 Pro

I would suggest experimenting with the USB you are plugging into as in try a different one. Are you plugging into a HUB? Try direct and vice versa. Often using another USB plug sorts out these types of issues.

• Thomas34

Thank you. I tried to plug the USB cable into different slots, but that didn't help unfortunately.

I can remember, that Ihad my M32 plugged in, when I installed the Komplete Kontrol App. How can I deinstall the drivers? Should I just deinstall the whole "package"? If yes, should my M32 be connected via USB when deinstalling or how exactly would I have to do this?

• MyStudioOne

You need to uninstall from Windows APPS. I would unplug, delete all Komplete Kontrol lines (likely 3) and reboot. Then plug in M32. Good luck.

• Thomas34
    Answer ✓

@MyStudioOne Thank you. I deinstalled the 3 Komplete Kontrol lines in my Windows APPS. I left the other packages untouched however.

I did as you said and now it works just fine, no more Error. I am very glad.

One question though: The M32 has no "Power button". Is it recommended to pull off the USB cable everytime I shut down my PC or can I just keep the cable in and just turn off my "socket distributor", where all my cables are in?

• MyStudioOne

No harm in either method, mate. Glad you got it sorted finally.

• Thomas34

Hey, sad to say that the error occured again today......

I tried everything you said here, even the support couldn't help me. I'll just send it back I guess.

• Editdroid70
    Editdroid70 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I've tried all these things and still getting the message. Am I really left with no option but to send it back?

• MyStudioOne

Are you windows then? R U using M32 with another Komplete keyboard by chance? Because they don't play together nicely with the M32.

Do you use Komplete Kontrol standalone? If you do, does it show M32 connected like below shows my S88?

In Windows devices does it show like below (except M32 again)? You should see highlighted drivers.

Focus on getting it working in standalone first. Otherwise, it won't work properly in any DAW.