Sunburst - Randomly Plays Wrong Chord

MikeT
MikeT Member Posts: 8 Member

Hi folks,

I have a sequence in Session Guitar Sunburst - playing Wanderlust B with auto chords mode turned on. When played on keyboard it is fine (D maj) but when played back in DAW it randomly plays the wrong initial chord (plays D min instead). The same sequence repeats and is correct all the time. It is just the first chord. Seems to be 50% of the time it happens.

I checked for overlaps and the pattern key switch is ahead of the measure. I also added CC#3 ahead of the measure to turn off round robin but it doesn't help.

Any thoughts as to why this is happening?

Thanks!

Answers

• EasyTiger32
    EasyTiger32 Member Posts: 15 Member

What Key do you have selected for your song? For example, is it "D" and "maj"?

Also, what Voicing option are you using?

• MikeT

It is D maj and "As played"

• EasyTiger32

"As played" means you get to pick the notes in the chord for the library to play, except that doesn't work when using Auto Chords. If you play more than one white key in a chord when using Auto Chords, the library will pick the chord based on the latest note played in the chord. If all the notes in the chord have the same exact timing, the library will randomly choose one to trigger the chord it plays, giving you different results,

I would suggest selecting one of the five voicings, and then making sure you're only pressing one white key (or one white key with one black key) to select chords.

• MikeT

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried it but unfortunately it is still happening.

I double checked I have only white notes selected and there is no overlap. All the other notes work fine and in the repeated section it is fine too. It’s only the first chord of the first section where this happens and sometimes does work. Seems like perhaps I should delete that section and record it again. Very puzzling.

• EasyTiger32

Just to be certain, when you say "no overlap", what potentially overlapping notes are you referring to?

FYI, it's possible it could be a glitch in the library. Strummed Acoustic 2, for example, sometimes fails at reading played chords and will randomly play incorrect chords, whereas the original Strummed Acoustic works flawlessly.

• MikeT

I’m referring to the trigger notes. It’s a simple progression C (actually Dmaj) to D to E and F. with Autochords. I suppose I’m being a bit lazy, what I should do is just play the chords! It’s not a complicated progression!

It could well be a glitch in the library. I’ve tried everything I can think of.

Thanks for your help anyway. Appreciate it.

• EasyTiger32

It sounds like it could be a glitch.

I've never used Auto Chords because it seems to be a feature geared toward non-keyboard players. If you know chords, then I would suggest you turn off Auto Chords (and the little power button next to it), select Voicing 1, and just play the chords in. I think you'll end up with the same result in the end... but hopefully without any glitches. Good luck!