Komplete Kontrol doesn't update the S61 LCD Screen in MainStage

macblack
macblack Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

Hello,

when I create different patches in mainstage with Komplete Kontrol, the S61MK2 Keyboard does not change LCD display when changing patches. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

I use:

Apple M1 Pro

macOS Monterey

Main Stage 3.6.1

Complete Control 2.8.0+25

Thanks in advanced.

mac

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

Well, Komplete Kontrol doesn't support Program Changes, only Kontakt allows that but then you won't get the integration with the keyboard.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI

@macblack How are you switching patches? When uisng Komplete Kontrol in Mainstage you should press the INSTANCE button to navigate through your Komplete Kontrol instances.

• macblack
    edited November 2022

@Jeremy_NI

Hello, i change patches with MIDI PC command via midi foot pedal. The patch also changes, only the parameters in the keyboard display do not change.

When i use the instance button on the S61 MK2 i see the correct patchlist. If selecting the patch via S61 the display and knobs changes, but the patch remains the same as the preset in MainStage because there is no program change in MainStage. So that doesn't work.

Are there any other approaches or best practices for using NI in live setups with "one button patch change".

Cheers mac

• macblack

Hi,

are there any other solutions to changing patches in mainstage 3 and at the same time changing the Kontakt Library Sounds, including using the display parameters? Thanks for the support in advance

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Well, Komplete Kontrol doesn't support Program Changes, only Kontakt allows that but then you won't get the integration with the keyboard.

• macblack

Ok, thanks @Jeremy_NI! So I have to map the knobs in midi mode to use it.

• Jeremy_NI

@macblack Well, that wouldn't change the fact that Komplete Kontrol doesn't receive Program Change messages.

• macblack

@Jeremy_NI I hope you implement it in the future?! Meanwhile I use Kontakt with the midi keyboard.

• Jeremy_NI

@macblack Unfortunately, I don't think this feature will be implemented.