Kontakt plus 2 midi keyboards playing live

Martinos
Martinos Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I have a Komplete Kontrol ss88 , and another midi keyboard also 88 keys. Can i join by midi cable, load instances of kontakt instruments , split on s88 and just play instruments sometimes switching instrument without going through a DAW . If so do i need to use my audio interface.At the moment i have both keyboards working through a DAW .Probably expecting too much but i thought i would ask.

Best Answer

• MyStudioOne
    MyStudioOne Member Posts: 254 Pro
    Answer ✓

I am not sure with respect to using a midi cable in this setup, but I have run multiple keyboards through Komplete Kontrol standalone as well as controller gear (Faderport 8). All gear connected to PC by usb. You would no doubt have less audio latency with with an audio interface but KK works fine with PC onboard audio as well. If your 2nd keyboard is midi cable connection only and you are connecting it to your S88, then that is out of my wheel house except to say that you need to activate "KOMPLETE KONTROL EXT - 1" in KK Preferences.

Answers

• MyStudioOne
    MyStudioOne Member Posts: 254 Pro
    Answer ✓

I am not sure with respect to using a midi cable in this setup, but I have run multiple keyboards through Komplete Kontrol standalone as well as controller gear (Faderport 8). All gear connected to PC by usb. You would no doubt have less audio latency with with an audio interface but KK works fine with PC onboard audio as well. If your 2nd keyboard is midi cable connection only and you are connecting it to your S88, then that is out of my wheel house except to say that you need to activate "KOMPLETE KONTROL EXT - 1" in KK Preferences.