Automation future update ?

microw
microw Member Posts: 4 Member
edited November 2022 in Maschine

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if a future version is planned with the addition of real automations?

Real curves, lines etc...?

Please 🙏🙏🙏

Comments

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro
    edited November 2022

This is one of the longest running requests on Maschine, we all hope for it, but likelyhood is low I would suspect, it is closer to NIs vision to just do all automation live on the encoders, plus has no automation editing at all.

• Olihop
    Olihop Member Posts: 152 Advisor

I hope for curve drawing tools, at least in the software.

• microw
    microw Member Posts: 4 Member

Could someone from the Native team answer?

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro

NI staff never answer posts about requests, it is doubtful that the NI staff posting on the forum even have any idea what is coming in the future.

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 587 Guru
    edited November 2022

The way I see it, Maschine is not really intended for making complete DAW projects in its standalone form. Running Maschine as a plugin inside a DAW is so much superior to just running Maschine standalone its not even funny. Maschine is great for starting new tracks, but rubbish for actually finishing them, unless you are just going to perform the tracks live to tape.

Proper automation, being able to realtime record scene/pattern changes directly to song mode, as well as automation editing on M+ standalone would all be very welcome, but between migrating to Apple Silicon & VST3, NI devs already have their work cut out for them for the near future.

All this just my opinion; YMMV

• Olihop
    Olihop Member Posts: 152 Advisor

The vst3 and apple silicon support is already functional. And this was a big gap. This will free up time for future developments.

It remains to be seen whether they will continue to invest time in this version of maschine which is aging in comparison with what the technology offers today. At some point it will be necessary to propose major updates and move to maschine 3 to stay in the game.

The question is more than ever today, now that the vst3 and apple silicon support is done.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited November 2022

Even if the forum staff knew and could reply you wouldn't like the answer. Generally, staff can and will only talk about things very close to happening that are usually already being beta tested.

Humble advice: Expect nothing until VST3 and Apple Silicon shenanigans are fully sorted, especially not major complicated features that have been requested extensively for many years. Put the dreams on hold until 2023.