Libraries in Kontakt crashes Logic Pro

Ama
Ama Member Posts: 8 Member

Libraries in Kontakt crashes Logic

When I open „libraries“ in Kontakt and switch through the presets, after 5 or 6 times Logic crashes immediately. Also sometimes when I delete these libraries from the Kontakt Rack, Logic crashes. Mostly it I have this problem with the following libraries: Straylight, Pharlight, Evolve Mutations one and two, the Play Series Hybrid Keys, Ethereal Earth and Analog Dreams and eDNA Earth (from Spitfire).

It can’t be a performance problem. I have the MacBook Pro (16", 2021) with 32GB. 

Logic has the latest update. I reinstalled it, but it didn’t fix the problem.

Also I reinstalled Kontakt 6 and 7. I upgrade my Native Access to the latest version. Furthermore I reinstalled Straylight and Pharlight. 

In addition Kontakt as a standalone application works perfectly.

Has anybody an idea?

Thanks for helping 

Best Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,587 mod
    Answer ✓

@Ama I'm contacted you by email regarding your issues with Kontakt and Logic.

• Ama
    Answer ✓

If you start Logic in the rosetta mode, it will solve the problem. But its not that fast and smooth anymore.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI

What version of Kontakt are you using when these crashes happen? Does Logic have Full Disk Access? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Are your libraries installed on an external hard drive? What is the format of that drive?

• Ama

Thanks for the fast response.

I am using Kontakt 6.7.1 and Kontakt 7.0.11

Only eDNA Earth runs on an external hard drive. Its the T7 with format Mac OS Extended (Journaled)

Logic had full disk Access. Kontakt, Kontakt 7 and Native Access hadn't. I fixed it. But its still crashing

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@Ama I'm contacted you by email regarding your issues with Kontakt and Logic.

• Dave91
    Dave91 Member Posts: 1 Member

having same issue

• Ama
    Answer ✓

If you start Logic in the rosetta mode, it will solve the problem. But its not that fast and smooth anymore.