In doubt where to do a Komplete 13 to 14 upgrade or take a NOW subscription

Wilmar Boer
Wilmar Boer Member Posts: 62 Helper

I have a Komplete 13 licence and I already have BX_Focusrite and BX_SSL plugins. So when I upgrade to Komplete 14 I get a few things that are not in NOW like 40's very Own drums and keys and Ignition keys. But most things that are added to Komplete 14 in comparison to Komplete 13 are in NOW too.

So now I'm in doubt whether to pay €199,- for a 13>14 upgrade or for the same mony get about 20 months of NOW (and all the add-ons that will come to NOW over time).

Any advice/opinions? Does anyone know what the addon pace is of NOW, is it monthly that NI add stuff?

Comments

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,116 Expert
    edited October 2022

Personally, I'll always choose perpetual over subscription. Simply because: once your subscription ends, your products are gone too.

If you can afford the wait time, go for NI's Summer Sale next year. Updates will then be 50% off. Since 14 got released just recently, there likely won't be any discounts on updates anytime soon - but who knows.

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

We indeed add a new product every month alongside new Battery kits. Next drop is actually tomorrow 😊

Regarding your options, I would say it depends which products you want. You can also try Komplete Now for free during one month and see if the included products fit your needs.

• Wilmar Boer
    edited October 2022

Thanks! Monthly additions will eventually make NOW bigger than Komplete. And I actually like a subscription model because it makes budgeting the studio easier in calculating costs vs needed turnover.

Maybe you can add to the productpage of NOW that there will be monthly additions. I think it's a stronger proposition than "we'll add stuff now and then".

• Wilmar Boer

You could also add a "Added [month]" badge to the included products in the list online so that people see that it's actually growing instead of a static collection with a bit vage promise.

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

Thank you for the suggestion! Most of this is stated on the Komplete Now page and the FAQ at the bottom: