Traktor Audio 2 HW and Windows 11

After many years of using my Traktor Audio 2 HW (USB Audio Device) and it's companion software, it came time for me to upgrade to a new Dell Laptop Computer that runs on Windows 11.

Windows 11 will not recognize my Audio 2 HW device at all. Moreover, the Traktor DJ Software keeps asking for me to add/install the Audio 2 output device I selected from the drop down list . . . in spite of the fact it was already there and plugged in all the time.

I took this issue to Microsoft Windows Support first. Thet took ovr my computer and showed me that the Audio 2 Driver was indeed downloaded and present, but there was an error/issue with Windows 11 installing and using it like is should (and did with Windows 10).

So: is there, or will there ever be, an Audio 2 HW Driver made available that will allow be to carry on with Windows 11?

George in Cincinnati

Answers

• Neddac
    Neddac Member Posts: 32 Member

Probably easier to rebuild the laptop on Win 10 tbh

• Isotoxin
    Isotoxin Member Posts: 123 Helper

Show us the device manager list with a connected Traktor Audio interface to a PC.

• MiroTheDj
    MiroTheDj Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

similar issues figured id give it a day and a restart til i investigate again

• red_nick
    red_nick Member Posts: 103 Member

Have you installed the driver from here? https://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/downloads/drivers-other-files/

Then if still not working right, right click it in device manager, update driver, then select manually the folder that the driver installed to.

• wayfinder
    wayfinder Member Posts: 359 Guru

I am using a Traktor Audio 2 Mk I on a Dell W11 computer, so take heart that it is possible. I don't know what exactly you need to do, but it can be achieved!

• wayfinder
    wayfinder Member Posts: 359 Guru
    edited February 3

I've had another idea: If your sound card was connected to the computer when you installed the driver, it might not have worked correctly - that was an error source on some of my previous installations/updates. Worth a try installing it with the card disconnected...