Connecting Sony Wh-1000xm3 (bluetooth) to wired 1/4" Audio jack

Options

Hi all!

So I just got my Traktor S2 and I can't figure out how to set up my Sony headphones. They are Bluetooth but I am plugging them into the front of the mixer with a 1/4" adapter.

The primary sound is connected to my JBL speakers and works well.

Is there any way I can make this work so I can listen /cue songs on my headphones? Is it the fact that they are Bluetooth or is it an issue with the setting?

When I go to settings --> Output Routing --> output monitor, it does not show me headphones as an option.

Best Answer

Answers

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,373 Expert
    Options

When I go to settings --> Output Routing --> output monitor, it does not show me headphones as an option.

Well no, the S2 should show up. That's where you connect it to. In Audio setting select the S2, and in routing you need to select master and cue for the S2. Both JBL speakers and sony headphones need to be connected to the S2.

If they work with a wire it should not matter that they also work wireless.

Have you tried them by wire on another device? Just to see if they work that way in general?

• kevinn44
    kevinn44 Member Posts: 10 Member
    Options

ah yes. The headphones work when I have it set like that. So it sounds like I have to wire the JBLs to the tracktor for both the headphones and speaker to be connected as the cue and main… is that right?

I don’t see the JBL speaker (when’s connected to the computer via Bluetooth) as an option when I select S2 as the audio setting.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,373 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options