Bolles ensembles vanished?

windplayer
windplayer Member Posts: 32 Member
edited October 2022 in Reaktor

Some time ago, I used a synth-ensemble, created by Bolle, called Dowager. At last, I saw an update of Dowager at the user library, but missed to download it. Now, I see that this update and all of Bolles creations are vanished. This is a pity because, Bolles ensembles were fine - and had a great look. Do you know, if Bolle moved them at another place?

Comments

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    edited October 2022

Please go in conversation with the author: @Bolle

Use the envelope sign left beneath your sign — upper right corner.

• windplayer

I did this already, but try it a 2nd time.

• Paule

No, please wait. He is on to build a seq Bolland 303.

If he has time enough he comes back to the net/forum here.

I know that from the past to build my own monsters.

• Laureano Lopez
    Laureano Lopez Member Posts: 102 Advisor

Maybe the lawyers have attacked again? It's happened before 😕

• Paule
    edited October 2022

It's happened before 😕

But Dowager was his own conception IMHO.

No, he left the U/L. All his uploads are gone.

His Blender thread is already here

On flckr his user name is Pjotr Banks

• windplayer

For me, it does not seem as if Bolle comes back again. If someone could save the new Dowager, perhaps he/she can write me a private message. Thanks!

• ANDREW221231
    ANDREW221231 Member Posts: 295 Advisor

i wouldn't be too surprised if his patronage of the community proved to be a time limited affair. he already threatened to leave once over minor stuff, then somehow got the idea his ensembles were being review bombed

that was even before he accused me of intent to steal his designs, when i offered him an unreleased/updated version of vocoder of mine to return a favor for him having made a GUI for it

he's a decent enough guy but seems to prefer jumping towards a negative conclusion/'read on a situation' without proper due diligence

as far as dowager goes, the original version was a basic synth taking inspiration from a halfway understanding of zootook's analog Circuit Behavior, adding noise in a way that pretty much didn't make any sense.

the (relatively) more recent version opted for some oscillators (i believe) bolobo provided. so, i think its fair to say he's a relative newcomer to sound design, and dowager is more a great GUI that happens to contain a synth than it is the other way around

also, not sure but he might have an issue with people asking to distribute stuff that he's taken down

• Paule
    edited October 2022

His name is Peter Bols, Belgium.

---

Andy, do you remember Jonathan Style aka Horuschild, he was 1 2 3 away. But he build good synths with excellent knobs.

• ANDREW221231
    edited October 2022

it seems he was before my time

however i checked his UL page and saw that i'd downloaded one of his creations sometime in the past, surely that counts for something

i like his ideas on noise

• Paule
    edited October 2022

He comes second – you first

All from the old forum

• Bolle
    Bolle Member Posts: 349 Pro

I'm not someone who can be bothered correcting a guy like you. But you should consider a career as a comedian.

Greets,

Bolle

• ANDREW221231

listen man. so about a month ago you offered to do a nice thing and then reneged on it in a way i found insulting, and then i got very confrontational about it. we could bootstrap this into opportunities for renewed resentment indefinitely, but i don't see a good foundation in the class of squabbles with an inherent shelf life

i can understand if my above reply made you feel defensive, it certainly wasn't written to be nice, but also wasn't written to railroad you at all. the actual focus was aimed at what seems to be a new member who often start without much context between what they know, what they think they're looking at, and what is actually available. and he was soliciting opinions about your work in particular, which seemingly have a fair chance of no longer being available going forward. so what was included as relevant information might have felt personal, it was chosen to set the stage better for managed expectations, like: "though you may have to give up on this particular thing that caught your eye there's a universe of stuff that may be less flashy but for 'under the hood' are riches beyond comprehension"

while i appreciate the compliment about being funny, it didn't even see the potential to promise him a pony! 😐️

anyway if the thing i got wrong was overestimating the likelihood you'd MIA, that would be great news, i support your continued patronage. also could have been lazy assumptions shortchanging your DSP knowledge?

wouldn't matter, with a specialized domain you are a rock star in Jesus' name, them's rules

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert

I miss Crude

• Laureano Lopez
    Laureano Lopez Member Posts: 102 Advisor

I refrained from commenting on his thread because I had nothing to contribute and I don't like skeuomorphism, but also because I sensed a tension of the wrong kind and didn't want to get involved. It's not the first time someone reworks other people's stuff and then gets tight about their own work. We all have our miseries and no one is totally immune to criticism, but it takes a further step to see everything you do as a blessing.

• ANDREW221231

surely my hands are bloodied. moral grandstanding while failing to steer clear of personal attacks! anyway i guess not all of us are here for discussion, if some prefer a more specific like game where they can set the terms to ensure things move towards generating some desired outcome, that should be respected

This discussion has been closed.