Strummed Acoustic - Can I choose chords in Auto chords that are not in the scale?

Pazmuzak
Pazmuzak Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited February 2022 in Kontakt

Random question, but i have a song that uses A major and A minor in the chorus, and i can obviously do this with a piano keyboard, but wanted to know if it is possible some way with Auto Chord, or possibly with the Midi notation.

Any assistance welcomed.

Paz

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Not possible, one of the major limitations of Autochords. It would be nice if the "No 3" scale had a 3rd/flatted 3rd modifier. You could possibly use host automation to switch the key to a minor key that has an A Minor in it, play the chord and then switch back (The Automation ID is #23) or turn off Autochords (Host Autyomation ID #22) and play/Notate an Am then turn back on. Have not tried it myself and it seems like a lot of work instead of just playing the chords manually...

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Not possible, one of the major limitations of Autochords. It would be nice if the "No 3" scale had a 3rd/flatted 3rd modifier. You could possibly use host automation to switch the key to a minor key that has an A Minor in it, play the chord and then switch back (The Automation ID is #23) or turn off Autochords (Host Autyomation ID #22) and play/Notate an Am then turn back on. Have not tried it myself and it seems like a lot of work instead of just playing the chords manually...