Where is Kontakt 7 database?

2»

Answers

• priderbroder
    priderbroder Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Glad to hear you're exploring Kontakt 7! In Kontakt 7, the database functionality has been integrated into the Files tab on the left sidebar. You can manage your sound libraries and presets there. While the standalone "Database" section from Kontakt 6 is no longer present, the Files tab serves a similar purpose. Give it a try and feel free to reach out if you need further assistance.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,435 mod
    edited August 2023

I think you mean the Library panel - that's what's 'replaced' the database (although it doesn't actually entirely replace what the database could do). The files tab was there in Kontakt 6 already and has not changed much.

• NickClap
    NickClap Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi, what do you mean about that the DataBase has been "integrated" into the Files tab on the left sidebar? 

How can I tag and search my instruments by Type, Subtype, bank, Timbre, etc in Kontakt 7?

This is the real function of a DataBase, not browsing files and folders. Thanks.

• aka
    aka Member Posts: 51 Member

This is the reason that some NI developers should be fired. They make decissions based on their GUESSIN EXPERIENCE not on what users want. Removing DATABASE screen and option to rebuild it was as stupid as it gets. I got all libraries corrupted and messed up and I cannot find the way to rebuild it. SQLite is kown for poor indexing, slowness and tons of issues. Removing options to ADD/UPDATe/DELETE database is non-sense.

KONTAKT gets some new features but most of the either suck or are just waste of time. They added new Library View (absolute waste of time and energy) while no implementing much more important features.

The worst part is the GUI design. For example the idea to asdd 4rd party LIBs is freat but they made the pop-up window so super smale, with 3 entries only listed, paths truncated and super dark. Whoever is creating those screens has no skills.

Now I am stuck and cannot find any info on how to rebuild this database because Native Access dos not do or have any option for that as well. I think of all NI products KONTAKT is the worst :-( although the most important for producing music with NI libs. What a shame!

• Kymeia
    edited January 3

The database just doesn’t exist anymore which is why there are also no options to rebuild or update it, there is no ‘it’ to rebuild or update. Don’t ask me why, but I suspect we would be told this is another feature that was removed because ‘comparatively few people were using it’ (based on NI user activity tracking) showing once again how relying on quantitative data alone leads to poor decisions as it ignores qualitative factors, such as the likelihood that those people who were using it were probably power users who really needed it.

• whitbymusic
    whitbymusic Member Posts: 14 Member

The developers took it up themselves to make it a worse product?

• Kymeia

Unfortunately we are all paying the price for allowing NI to collect usage data

• whitbymusic
    whitbymusic Member Posts: 14 Member

What happened to "What good is a sampler if you can’t find the files you want, and find them quickly? That’s what KONTAKT’s Database is all about."?

Did they just decide something so basic didn't matter after all?