Kontakt 6 upgrade to 7

Options
Royster64
Royster64 Member Posts: 21 Member

Hi Guys. I recently purchased Kontakt 6 full version and as much as I love it, it did eat up a lot of hardrive space!!. I moved all 3rd party instruments to a different partition but it didnt seem to free up any space. I am probably over thinking it, as I still have 372gb of space on drive C. I have 2 questions. Firstly, I moved files to a partition on the same drive. Is that why it made no difference?. Should I have moved them to an independant drive?. Secondly, I plan to upgrade to 7 next month. Would it be best if I uninstall everything and start from scratch? I notice there is another 30gb plus data to install from the new instrument library, does this replace the original library, or is it additional?. Thanks in advance.

Roy TaylorπŸ™

Best Answer

• Royster64
    edited October 2022 Answer βœ“
    Options

Thanks for responding. That is good news regarding second part. As for the first part, I did relocate everything correctly in Native Access. What I was trying to say and probably didnt make it very clear, is that it didnt seem to free up any space on drive C when I moved them to another drive. It is all working ok so maybe I am reading too much into it.

Answers

• Donkey Oaty
    Donkey Oaty Member Posts: 28 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options

The first part of your question. You should be able to sort out the location move problem in Native Access.

The second part of your question. No. There's no need to uninstall anything. Native Access will upgrade where necessary and install the new instruments that come with it. If you're getting Factory Library 2 - with Kontakt 7, it's a big improvement on Factory Library. If you have Factory Library - you'll retain it.

• Royster64
    edited October 2022 Answer βœ“
    Options

Thanks for responding. That is good news regarding second part. As for the first part, I did relocate everything correctly in Native Access. What I was trying to say and probably didnt make it very clear, is that it didnt seem to free up any space on drive C when I moved them to another drive. It is all working ok so maybe I am reading too much into it.