How to upgrade NA1 to NA2 correctly on Windows?

Vocalpoint
Vocalpoint Member Posts: 898 Guru

As it seems I may need to conform NA2 here much sooner than I thought - I have spent about 30 minutes trolling around and still cannot find an actual install guide (how to) for NA2 on Windows?

Is this lack of any useful info a sign that I am overthinking this and should simply download NA2 (2.62) and fire it up on the DAW - toy overwrite NA1 and hoping that all will be well?

Do I uninstall NA1 first? Or anything else?

Appreciate any tips from the field.

Cheers

VP

Best Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod
    Answer ✓

You can simply run Native Access 2. To be safe, double check your installation preferences and you're good to go.

• Vocalpoint
    Answer ✓

Jeremy

Just wanted to leave a quick note to say - this worked perfectly and despite all the negatives around NA2 at this time - I could not find any problems whatsoever with a fresh install of 2.6.2.

Even my specific locations prefs (except the location for initial downloads) came over without any issues.

The tool is fast and offers much better filtering that NA1. Happy camper here.

Cheers

VP

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,038 mod

Hello,

have uninstalled na1 first, then installed na2 and it worked for me that way.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod
    Answer ✓

You can simply run Native Access 2. To be safe, double check your installation preferences and you're good to go.

• Vocalpoint

Jeremy

Will do - thanks for the update!

Cheers

VP

• Vocalpoint
    Answer ✓

Jeremy

Just wanted to leave a quick note to say - this worked perfectly and despite all the negatives around NA2 at this time - I could not find any problems whatsoever with a fresh install of 2.6.2.

Even my specific locations prefs (except the location for initial downloads) came over without any issues.

The tool is fast and offers much better filtering that NA1. Happy camper here.

Cheers

VP