Bad distortion on Sync'd Track.

Rmills
Rmills Member Posts: 4 Member

All of my tracks play fine when they are played without sync enabled. As a master they all play fine. But when they are not the master but the track with sync, they all sound muffled and distorted. The Master continues to play fine. Shortly after the master track is stopped the sync track resumes normal sound.

This happens when playing any configuration of decks and any track.

I am new to Traktor and new here. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

I am using traktor Pro 3, Apple Intel MacbookPro

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,039 mod

Hello,

i have noticed the same while trying out the link feature, in order to try to help someone else in the forum. Will investigate further, like you described it, and report it to native, if necessary.

• Rmills

When I use the Key Lock. The Distortion goes away and the tracks sound fine. Could anyone explain to me why this would be?

Thank you

• Rmills

Another Update:

I did not mention this earlier. I am using an external Digital Mixer. Rane MP2015

I tried 2 additional things.

1. I adjusted the Buffer Size to max 4096 in Audio Settings. This helped on some tracks without using Key Lock.
    2. Addition to increasing the Buffer in Audio Settings, The Sample Rate of the mixer was set at 96000 Hz. I lowered it to 44100 Hz. The combination of these two eliminated the Distortion. Without a need to have Key Lock Enabled.

I will Update this thread if I run into any other issues or solutions. Hopefully this could help someone else.

Thank you

• Isotoxin
    Isotoxin Member Posts: 123 Helper

That sounds weird. Because for me, exactly the KEY LOCK feature distorting the audio, especially with enabled SYNC and ABLETON LINK features.

For now on, I have just disabled KEY LOCK and not using it at all. Just "converting" songs in my mind one semitone up or down for every 5-6 BPM increase/decrease when changing the tempo of the songs.

Bad luck, I have found this only after a few years from when I have started to DJ. :(

• ForrestEdgar
    ForrestEdgar Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

You have the latest version of Traktor Pro 3 installed by checking for updates on the Native Instruments website. Next, check your audio settings within Traktor Pro 3 to ensure they are properly configured. Pay attention to the audio interface settings, sample rate, and buffer size, making sure they match the specifications of your MacbookPro and any connected audio devices.