Library Locations.

Royster64
Royster64 Member Posts: 21 Member

Hi Guys.

Please accept that I am very new to Kontakt 6. I only purchased the full version a week ago. My question is pretty simple. I have downloaded numerous libraries, both free and paid and it seems that the default location for Me is C/Users/Public/Documents. Obviously some of the content is pretty big and I am now down to 350gb of space on Drive C. Do the libraries need to be in that location, or could I transfer them to another partition or external drive?. If I did would they still work?. Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

The libraries can reside wherever you like, so you could move the location to an external drive. Note that in order for it to work properly, after you move the libraries, you need to open up Native Access and “Relocate” the library. Each Library that has been moved should say “Repair” you can relocate each library individually or use the “Relocate All” button at the top right of NA, point to the new location of the libraries and you should be all set…

here is the official support article…note it shows NA 1 but the concept is the same for NA2

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005720489-Using-the-Repair-Relocate-All-Function-in-Native-Access

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

The libraries can reside wherever you like, so you could move the location to an external drive. Note that in order for it to work properly, after you move the libraries, you need to open up Native Access and “Relocate” the library. Each Library that has been moved should say “Repair” you can relocate each library individually or use the “Relocate All” button at the top right of NA, point to the new location of the libraries and you should be all set…

here is the official support article…note it shows NA 1 but the concept is the same for NA2

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005720489-Using-the-Repair-Relocate-All-Function-in-Native-Access

• Royster64
    Royster64 Member Posts: 21 Member

Thats brilliant. Thanks very much for your help 👍️