MIDI Drag unavailable for East Asia Guzheng?

KompletelyLance
KompletelyLance Member Posts: 2 Member
edited October 2022 in Kontakt

Checking out a few instruments in the Melodic China folder, the first few work as expected with MIDI Drag in Kontakt (6).

If I use the Performance Keys range, each sequence plays as expected.

If I go to the "MIDI Files\2 - Melodic\4 - Guzheng" folder, I do see the MIDI files.

Yet, the drag icon is greyed out.

Funny enough, holding down C1 after initial load -- which displays Water Lotus 1 -- does not produce the same phrase as the file "Water Lotus 1.mid" (dragging that from Windows Explorer straight into Cubase), yet other instruments certainly behave as expected (Guqin, for example).

Any ideas on what's going on here?

Best Answer

• Nicki_NI
    Nicki_NI Product Team Posts: 25 mod
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓

Hello,

some of the melodic instruments have a range that extends into the performance keys range (C1 to B1). If you switch on "Extend" on the Mapping page, the MIDI drag functionality will be enabled.

Otherwise the MIDI notes of the phrase might trigger the performance keys. We'll try to make this more obvious in the next update.

Hope this helps,

nicki

Answers

• Nicki_NI
    Nicki_NI Product Team Posts: 25 mod
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓

Hello,

some of the melodic instruments have a range that extends into the performance keys range (C1 to B1). If you switch on "Extend" on the Mapping page, the MIDI drag functionality will be enabled.

Otherwise the MIDI notes of the phrase might trigger the performance keys. We'll try to make this more obvious in the next update.

Hope this helps,

nicki

• KompletelyLance
    KompletelyLance Member Posts: 2 Member

That did the trick. Thank you, and I'll keep that in mind for further instruments.