Native Access needs to download ALL.OVER.AGAIN on each machine.

BIF
BIF Member Posts: 558 Pro
edited October 2022 in Native Access

Is there a way that I can just DOWNLOAD K14 one time, and use that download on other machines? Some of the libraries/instruments are very very large and I only have 18 mbps service, along with overages that can cost me additional money to my ISP. Thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Russellmus
    Russellmus Member Posts: 53 Helper
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓

For the apps and plugins, no. But for the instruments, you can just copy them to the other computer (just make sure you keep the file structures intact) and use the ‘locate’ function in Native Access. (Click the … under/next to each instrument, click locate, and direct it to the folder containing the .nicnt file)

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,614 mod
    Answer ✓

@BIF Yes, @Russellmus is right, you don't need to reinstall the Kontakt libraries, you can simply copy and then locate / relocate them. It's not possible for other products but Kontakt libs are the biggest in size. You can check this article: Reinstalling a KOMPLETE Bundle Without Re-Downloading KONTAKT Libraries

• BIF
    Answer ✓

Thank you both very much. I'll mark this "answered" and will check out that article. Have a great day!

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

Since NA deletes the installer after installation is complete, the only way is to copy the installer file after download (and during installation) and paste it to a new location…

• BIF

Yeah, I know. But that breaks the methodology of Native Access, which is to keep all of my stuff in one place. But what burns me is that it is super wasteful! It requires bandwidth, electricity, and more importantly, my TIME. Every time. Storage is actually the cheapest thing these days; who doesn't have scads of it?

• BIF

By the way, I'm still looking for an answer; hence why I haven't checked off "Yes" to the question, did this answer...

• Russellmus
    Russellmus Member Posts: 53 Helper
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓

For the apps and plugins, no. But for the instruments, you can just copy them to the other computer (just make sure you keep the file structures intact) and use the ‘locate’ function in Native Access. (Click the … under/next to each instrument, click locate, and direct it to the folder containing the .nicnt file)

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,614 mod
    Answer ✓

@BIF Yes, @Russellmus is right, you don't need to reinstall the Kontakt libraries, you can simply copy and then locate / relocate them. It's not possible for other products but Kontakt libs are the biggest in size. You can check this article: Reinstalling a KOMPLETE Bundle Without Re-Downloading KONTAKT Libraries

• BIF
    Answer ✓

Thank you both very much. I'll mark this "answered" and will check out that article. Have a great day!