Does revoice pro 4 work in maschine?

Hebreww
Hebreww Member Posts: 36 Member
edited October 2022 in Maschine

Fortunately it also works as standalone so in case if it doesn't I can still use it separately.

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓

Seriously, don't bother... It requires ARA2 (+ some other tech) support to be efficient and Maschine doesn't have neither.

You would need to manually locate each vocal sample on your file system and drag it to the app and as if that wasn't annoying enough since MAS has no audio time-position data your vocal tracks would need to include silence from the start of the song so things line up - So, if you're recording to a Scene in the middle of the song you will need to start recording from the start or export the full track + silence then re-import to mas, refind it, drag it to ReVoice, etc....

At that point, you might as well record vocals on something designed for it like a full DAW + Melodyne (or any other retuning plug) and it will be cheaper than buying Revoice at 600$. Studio One is 400$ and comes with Melodyne essentials. It doesn't have the auto-alignment feature tho, if that's what you're looking for.

Answers

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

Is there any plugin at revoice for Maschine? I don't found one

For software daws only not for hardware workstations.

• D-One
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓

Seriously, don't bother... It requires ARA2 (+ some other tech) support to be efficient and Maschine doesn't have neither.

You would need to manually locate each vocal sample on your file system and drag it to the app and as if that wasn't annoying enough since MAS has no audio time-position data your vocal tracks would need to include silence from the start of the song so things line up - So, if you're recording to a Scene in the middle of the song you will need to start recording from the start or export the full track + silence then re-import to mas, refind it, drag it to ReVoice, etc....

At that point, you might as well record vocals on something designed for it like a full DAW + Melodyne (or any other retuning plug) and it will be cheaper than buying Revoice at 600$. Studio One is 400$ and comes with Melodyne essentials. It doesn't have the auto-alignment feature tho, if that's what you're looking for.

• Hebreww

Hey bless your heart for the response! I got the chance to buy revoice pro 4 for 180 euros so I did it even though it doesn't work with maschine, hopefully in the future an update. I think it's a good buy anyway because I can use it in standalone....  what’s your thought one this deal?

• D-One

Hi, no problem! Oh, I thought you were thinking about buying it. Don't count Maschine having ARA2 anytime soon but VST3 should be around the corner.

Well at that price it's a more reasonable approach... I guess if you spend tons of time aligning vocals then ReVoice can be a great tool to save time but if your production/recording SW doesn't support the advanced features of auto-replacing audio after fixing then I am not sure if you actually really save time or not, it can potentially defeat the purpose... Depends on how your work, mix the vocals, how many harmony tracks you usually need, etc.

After vocals are aligned and tuned you still have to mix and edit them and MAS isn't really designed for that, if it works for you then great but I would suggest getting a DAW for that and separating your recording process from the production.

• Hebreww
  • D-One
    edited October 2022

No. With ARA2 you basically get the pitch tools running inside the DAW, then there's some other tech to load it from a menubar...

Syncro Arts just released a video just yesterday on how this works on the new Studio One 6, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FRSHYtWfWg&t

Try the Demo, or your know, Reaper is almost free.