new kontakt window cant find all my libraries

Produced By XIV
Produced By XIV Member Posts: 10 Member

however I'm able to find them in the legacy side panel window, any idea how to get them in the new kontakt browser?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,602 mod

What products are missing exactly ? Can you post screenshots ?

• Produced By XIV

@Jeremy_NI it doesn't display all my libraries, everything is selected in the libraries tab in my preferences.

• Produced By XIV

but everything is available here @Jeremy_NI

• Jeremy_NI
    edited October 2022

Please make sure to run Kontakt 7 as administrator, and your DAW: How to Run a Program as an Administrator

If that doesn't solve the issue, navigate to: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Native Instruments\Kontakt 7

Displaying Hidden Files and Folders (Windows)

Delete the Komplete.db3 file. Open Kontakt 7 in standalone.

Did that fix it?

• Produced By XIV

unfortunately it didn't, i don't even have the local folder on my computer only the roaming folder. its fine, I'll just use the classic window for now

• garfinkle
    garfinkle Member Posts: 19 Member

Exactly the same issue here. Mac, Big Sur.

• fishermusic
    fishermusic Member Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2022

removing Komplete.db3 file on Mac fixed the issue. :) Thanks for the help Jeremy.

• Produced By XIV

hopefully a fix is found! nothing has worked for me yet, would love to use the new browser! please look into this NI! @Jeremy_NI

• garfinkle

Deleting the Komplete.db3 file on Mac didn't solve the issue for me.

• Produced By XIV

so I had to hit windows key + R to hit the run command then used that to navigate to the local app data folder then deleted the file and now kontakt its working! thank you Jeremy! any idea as to why this happens? @Jeremy_NI

• Jeremy_NI
    edited October 2022

@garfinkle So you navigated here ? Macintosh HD / Users / User Name / Library / Application Support / Native Instruments / Kontakt 7 and deleted the db3 file ? Please try deleting the whole folder, restart your computer.

Note: the User Library folder is hidden. To access it, click on Go in the menu bar and press down the Alt key. You'll now find the Library entry in the menu:

Also make sure to give Kontakt 7 full disk access: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Did that do the job?

• Jeremy_NI

@Produced By XIV Not 100% sure why that happens but a database can get corrupted, it happened before with Kontakt's old browser. The only new thing is that now there are 2 db files, one for the old school Kontakt library and one for the new browser.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓

If this happens,

On Windows:

Make sure to run Kontakt 7 as administrator: How to Run a Program as an Administrator

Delete this file : C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Native Instruments\Kontakt 7\Komplete.db3

Displaying Hidden Files and Folders (Windows)

On Mac:

Make sure to give Kontakt 7 Full Disk Access: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Delete this file: Macintosh HD / Users / User Name / Library / Application Support / Native Instruments / Kontakt 7/ Komplete.db3

Accessing the Hidden User Library (macOS)

• garfinkle

Hi. Appreciate your help here. Ive done all of the above (several times). Kontakt 7 seems to stop indexing somewhere around 28,000 presets. Restarting seems to make it lurch forward a few hundred or so, but its totally hit and miss.

Is it possible that this is a result of storing my libraries on a NAS volume (Synology)?

• Jeremy_NI
    edited October 2022

@garfinkle Oh interesting, we don't recommend using NAS drives, as explained here: Notes on Network Drives and Disk Formats

Were you using this system for Kontakt 6 without issues ? If you move a library to a physical drive, is that library found by Kontakt 7 then ?