Kontakt 7 Player : problem to assign MIDI CC to intruments FX (by drag 'n drop)

Wahed
Wahed Member Posts: 5 Member

Hello everyone !

I use Kontakt player in order to teach MIDI sequencing in my university course.

Since Kontakt 7 Player release, I no longer can assign MIDI CC to FX parameters by drag 'n drop from MIDI automation panel in the Kontakt Factory Selection 2 (I don't want to use the "learn" method)

What do I get wrong ?

thank you for your help !

Best Answers

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    Answer ✓

You have to use the Learn method with the new UI toolkit that KFL2 is using.

• EvilDragon
    Answer ✓

You could temporarily use the "6 MIDI controllers" multiscript as your remote knobs in that case. Press the KSP button in top right of Kontakt to get there.

Answers

• EvilDragon
    Answer ✓

You have to use the Learn method with the new UI toolkit that KFL2 is using.

• Wahed

If you mean the uni/multi "Learn" button, yes, it works.

But when you don't have any physical controller and want to assign a specific CC numer to a parameter, how do you do ?

• EvilDragon
    Answer ✓

You could temporarily use the "6 MIDI controllers" multiscript as your remote knobs in that case. Press the KSP button in top right of Kontakt to get there.

• Wahed

I was thinking about programming a little script in JesuSonics (since we using Reaper with my students) but it will be easier for them to use this KSP multiscript.

Thank you very much !

PS : I still don't understand why the removed this useful drag 'n drop feature; probably some core-programming issue completely unreachable for my understanding !