Ozone 10 Standard from Komplete 14 installing in "Full Trial" mode

cno
cno Member Posts: 4 Member
edited September 2022 in Komplete General

Hi I'm using Mac and started working on installing the Komplete 14 Standard upgrade today. I moved Ozone 9 application to the trash then installed Ozone 10 Standard from the Native Access app with no errors. Native Access shows that it is successfully installed but in iZotope Product Portal, Ozone 10 appears in the Trials Tab as a "Full Trial." The orange button just says Buy and links me to purchase it from iZotope. There is an "Install Ozone 10 Standard" application icon in the Mac Launchpad but there is no Ozone 10 application even when using the installer multiple times. I see emails on claiming Plug-in Alliance but nothing that says I need to claim Ozone 10 or register it with iLok. Do we actually only get a trial of Ozone 10 with Komplete 14 Standard, or am I doing something wrong? And if it is just a trial how do I install the trial? Thanks!

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓

Hey @cno @Raeman If you bought Komplete 14 it comes with Ozone 10 Standard. The installation and activation is handled by Native Access and is independent from Izo's portal.

We have an article on that: Ozone 10 Standard from Komplete 14 Appears in 'Full Trial' Mode

As you can see in their FAQ, there is no more standalone application for Ozone 10, after installation you should find Ozone as a plug-in in your DAW.

Answers

• Raeman
    Raeman Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I'm also wondering about this. Ozone 10 Standard is only in Trial mode here, too. Shouldn't we get a separate e-mail with the serial number to activate Ozone 10 standard? That's what happened with the Plugin Alliance stuff.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓

Hey @cno @Raeman If you bought Komplete 14 it comes with Ozone 10 Standard. The installation and activation is handled by Native Access and is independent from Izo's portal.

We have an article on that: Ozone 10 Standard from Komplete 14 Appears in 'Full Trial' Mode

As you can see in their FAQ, there is no more standalone application for Ozone 10, after installation you should find Ozone as a plug-in in your DAW.

• cno

@Jeremy_NI ah that makes sense and it is working properly, thanks! A couple more questions though if you can help.

In the iZotope portal, it now says "Trial, 10 Days Left" under the version number. This shouldn't have any effect after it expires since I activated through Native Access, correct?

After installing it through the Installer that appears in the Mac Launchpad, the installer doesn't go away and I can't delete it. Is there a way to get rid of the icon? And when I restart my Mac, Ozone 10 moves back to Not Installed in Native Access but the program is actually still installed. Not a big deal just hoping for some clarification. Thanks!

• emetoy001
    emetoy001 Member Posts: 5 Member

Ozone 10 show in my native access but when I click install it ask to find a folder that doesn't exist on my mac??? I had to uninstall all instances of native access then install NA 2.6.2 and it seems to have installed after that.

• Jeremy_NI

@cno Yes, the activation is handled by Native Access. You should not have to click on an installer to install Ozone 10, it should be done by Native Access by itself. Can you post a screenshot of that installer ?

• Jeremy_NI

Only the latest versions of Native Access can install and activate Ozone 10. Everything is working now? Is Ozone properly installed ? If not, can you post a screenshot of Native Access's error message ?

• Sahil Joshi
    Sahil Joshi Member Posts: 1 Member

Hey man

I faced the same problem. Don't know if this customer service person has really tried installing himself or is just copy pasting from some FAQ notes.

here is what you must do:

install ozone 10 via native access, then search for 'install ozone 10' on your mac.

Click on that and complete the installation process, only then will it appear in your plugins folder.

I am using the intel macbook pro 2019 model.

• Jeremy_NI

@Sahil Joshi Welcome to the forum.This customer service person has successfully installed Ozone 10 on his computer with Native Access 2, like many other users, so no, he's not copying and pasting FAQs ;-)

It seems that both @cno and you have the same issue, that issue was not reported yet. Is Native Access 2 in the list of programs having Full Disk Access ? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

• leesinthemix
    leesinthemix Member Posts: 249 Guru
    edited September 2022

Does anyone know how to I would go about upgrading Ozone 10 Standard to Advanced, if my licence is only available in Native Access?

I currently have just Ozone Elements in my iZotope portal.

• MARC22
    MARC22 Member Posts: 1 Member
    edited September 2022

I've Ozone 9 Advanced on win 10 pro and the Ozone 10 standard installation failed.

ok with Native Access 2 upgrade.

• Jeremy_NI

You can get the crossgrade on our webshop here: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/pricing/ozone-10-advanced/

You will then receive a registration code that you can use in Izo's portal, we also made an article on how it works: How Can I Upgrade KOMPLETE 14's Ozone 10 Standard to Advanced?

• Jeremy_NI

@cno @Sahil Joshi The Native Access team would like to investigate the issue. Would it be ok for you if I contacted you by email and ask you to run our support tool ?

• cno

@Jeremy_NI Hi Jeremy, I actually wasn't aware that Native Access 2 was out and that I should be using that. I've attached screenshots of the Installer that appears in the Launchpad and Native Access where Ozone moves back to Not Installed (but the plugin remains installed). As you can see in Native Access it is only a 205 MB file so then Ozone was installed through the Installer and does work in Pro Tools. I am going to install Native Access 2 and re-attempt. You may contact me through email if needed. Thanks!

• cno

@Jeremy_NI I've just installed Native Access 2 and Ozone 10 was properly installed fully within Native Access 2. I also found the previous "Install Ozone" in the Native Instruments applications folder and was able to remove it. And Ozone no longer appears listed in the iZotope Portal under Trials. Everything looks good and my issue is resolved. Thanks for your help!