How simple is it?

sepiareverb
sepiareverb Member Posts: 3 Member

I'm looking to replace a Yamaha MX61 keyboard. I was happy with the sounds, but the keys are awful and I broke a key after a year of light use. I have on hand right now a Roland Fantom 07 which is absolutely so impossibly difficult to use that I'm trying to return it. I've had it for three weeks while I spent a week muddling through the YouTube instructions, a week trying to contact Roland and wading through the forums and a week waiting for a USB drive from Roland that would work in the Fantom. Well the drive arrived and I cannot manage to get anything transferred ONTO the drive from my computer. I'm 60 years old, and clearly at the end of my ability to learn software. Can I buy a Complete Control S61 or A61 and manage to have sounds come out of something (line outs or outs to an amplifier I can mic) that I can port to tape?

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

The software you would get with the KB is Komplete Kontrol. That app is available with Komplete Start (free) along with some free instruments/sounds. If your current KB can transmit midi to the computer (Via USB), you can try it out. Granted you will not have all the Komplete Kontrol KB bells and whistles, but you can at least check out the Software.

Have a look Here...

Bundles : Komplete Start | Komplete (native-instruments.com)

Answers

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,120 Guru

The Native Instruments keyboards are not synths. They don't have sounds built in.

They're MIDI master keyboards, so need to be plugged into a computer. Software on the computer then produces the sounds.

• sepiareverb

Yes, I have that sorted, sorry. But is the software simple?

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

The software you would get with the KB is Komplete Kontrol. That app is available with Komplete Start (free) along with some free instruments/sounds. If your current KB can transmit midi to the computer (Via USB), you can try it out. Granted you will not have all the Komplete Kontrol KB bells and whistles, but you can at least check out the Software.

Have a look Here...

Bundles : Komplete Start | Komplete (native-instruments.com)

• sepiareverb

I will Blindeddie, thank you!