Version 14 Compatibility..? Last on the line

ArmandoPrini
ArmandoPrini Member Posts: 9 Member
edited September 2022 in Komplete General

Unfortunately I'm at the end of the line with NI since my studio has no plans to upgrade Mac Hardware to support version 14. SUGGESTION for NI get off the main line CPUs and develop a hardware based sound module that will run NI products into future versions. Studios are not in the position to replace computer hardware to run future version of NI products. I'm afraid we are at the end of the road with NI and are looking for hardware sound library solutions.

Tagged:

Comments

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,531 Expert

Well, that’s how it goes when you choose Mac as the platform, either keep up or get left behind. Strange, a pro studio that doesn’t invest in the future tho, must be tough times.

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 356 Pro

I feel a lot of sympathy with the poor studios not able to afford expensive Apple hardware.

• ArmandoPrini
    ArmandoPrini Member Posts: 9 Member

Large studio installations invest a lot of cash in sound creation tools, libraries and plugins. Changing processors like the M1 would be a benefit to the overall performance . But when it comes down to sound libraries and their dependance on a cpu technically does not need to happen. There are far more stable solutions in developing stable embedded hardware to run sound libraries than depending on the main studio computer. Most modern keyboards do just that. So why does NI continue to depend on the computer CPU to handle their libraries. In my opinion there is a market for NI to develop their own sample library cpu.. would it be a great advantage to have a stable hardware device to run the NI libraries.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

Well, NI could develop something like Eventide H9000, but how many pieces would be sold? NI is more focused at bulk series than few units costing 6 000+ USD.

If you speak about keyboards, NI Maschine Plus has embeded sound libraries...

• Maciej Repetowski
    Maciej Repetowski Member Posts: 389 Pro
    edited September 2022

Mate, really? Every single time the word “Apple” pops up in a thread?

Does it help OP in any way?

Can’t you just contain your sarcasm and curb the need to tell EVERYONE and EVERY TIME that you really don’t like Apple?

I guess we are all painfully aware of it by now…

• Kubrak

To say the truth, I do not get what OP complains about. He may still use pretty old x86 Macs and buy new one when NI gets fully AS native. Hopefully in 1Q23.

And making HW standalone plugin box? Maybe, but for example Eventide goes quite oposite route. They port SW from their HW units to SW computer plugins.....

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 356 Pro

Speak for yourself please. Don't pretend that you're speaking for anyone else.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,531 Expert

To place this train back on the tracks, NI have announced M1 is currently (as we speak) being worked on and tested. I know it can be hard to have to wait but what is even worse is to have a half-baked attempt release that causes more issues than solutions especially when there is currently a Rosetta mode to fall back on.

I reiterate again, pro studios that have a workspace built around macOS will always need to plan and proceed with caution. A dedicated hardware device in this economy like the Roland SRX devices is a pretty ridiculous. Hardware which cannot be updated without swapping out the whole thing at a massive cost would not make sense to developers to maintain especially when the limited number of studios that would buy it will simply sit on it for 15 years, doesn't make economical sense.

If you cannot run the absolute latest for 6 months more, just don't, I am sure you can produce things just as well without it for the moment. Seems these days people are crippled in workflow by the things they cannot yet use.

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 630 Pro

Taking a gamble on new tech before it has had a chance to mature.... is folly, one never knows how much support is behind the new tech, consider the software companies who have to weigh up the investment in time to support new tech... sometimes its a gradual move to update...other software companies may be completely onboard & in some cases its not worth the time to do so.

So we as consumers need to be looking from the outside in... and understand the realities of New Tech and the transitioning phases each company goes through.. its not something that will change overnight!!

If and when things mature... then consider jumping onboard

• Kubrak

Yes, it is sound to wait with transition to absolutely new technology, till everything is tuned and ironed out... It might take at least year more.

But my impression is that OP has complained, that he has too old HW/OS to run K14. I am not sure, if he does not falsely think that K14 will run only on M1/M2 and will not run on x86 Macs....

• Maciej Repetowski
    edited September 2022

Whether I speak for myself or not, how did YOUR post helped the OP?

Both Kubrak’s and Jester’s posts were on the subject, insightful and respectful and, actually, I agree with both of them this time (surprise, surprise).

And what was YOUR insight in this thread again?

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,113 Expert

Well... What was your insight/contribution to this thread again (apart from attacking chk071)?

• Maciej Repetowski
    edited September 2022

I only reacted because he is trolling nearly all Apple related threads with irrelevant and disrespectful posts. What was yours? 🤣

Long and serious answer to your question:

I think that one of positive conclusions in “The Future of Reaktor” thread was that we are all fellow musicians using different computer platforms and that we should treat each other with respect and refrain from platform bashing/wars. Yet here we are with another Apple related thread and who is popping in and spewing his vitriol again? I prefer to talk to people instead of reporting them, so I decided to post.

• r4nd0m
    r4nd0m Member Posts: 5 Member
    edited September 2022

Why do make that assumption? Should run on plenty older hardware still

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

macOS 10.15, 11 or 12 (latest update)

Windows 10 (64-bit, latest Service Pack) or Windows 11 (latest Service Pack)

Intel Core i5 or equivalent CPU, or Apple Silicon (using Rosetta 2), 4 GB RAM (6 GB recommended)