BUG: Harmonic mixing key highlighting doesn‘t work in browser displays of Kontrol S5/S8/D2

Pitrell
Pitrell Member Posts: 8 Member
edited September 2022 in Traktor Software & Hardware

All keys remain gray or completely colored (when you set the option to ‚Color all keys‘). In the desktop view of Traktor everything is correctly displayed and working. I have tested this several times and also found YouTube comments that say the same thing.

I have tested it on Traktor 3.5.2.299 and Traktor 3.6.0.325. On a Traktor Kontrol S8 and S5 and on Windows 10 and Windows 11.

Tagged:

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,542 admin

Hi @Pitrell can you please get in touch with our support team directly so we can verify? You can reach us here: https://bit.ly/n1trakt

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,719 mod

Do you have Keylock set to ON on the running MASTER deck?

• Pitrell

Sûlherokhh: Yep. Refer to: „In the desktop view of Traktor everything is correctly displayed and working.“

Kaiwan_NI: Ok.

• Pitrell

Pedro from Native Instrument has confirmed the BUG for the S8 and it is filed in the internal NI ticket system under: „TP-15859 Key highlighting selection doesn't reflect into S8 browser“

He continued to write, "We will change the status of the ticket to "Resolved" as there is not much we can do right now. So you could get back to us in a few months and provide the bug ID in a new support ticket, then we'll check the status."

So now it's wait and see.

• Pitrell

Small update:

9 months later: on June 19, 2023, I asked again and got the answer:

"thank you very much for contacting Native Instruments. Unfortunately, this issue has not yet been resolved. Perhaps you can contact us in the future to check the status of the ticket." Best regards, Pedro

14 months later: On December 4, 2023, I asked again and only got the answer:

"You contacted us about a ticket that was previously closed. To solve your current problem in the best possible way, we recommend that you visit our support homepage..."

Background: The employee Pedro had officially accepted the problem under "TP-15859 Key highlighting selection doesn't reflect into S8 browser" but marked the ticket as "solved" and asked me to be patient.

And I've been patient for 14 months now. To be continued.