Play Series presets that are intentionally out of tune (like "Gilgamesh" on Hybrid Keys)?

Options
EricS
EricS Member Posts: 3 Member

This took me a while to troubleshoot, so I thought I'd post it here.

I was trying to use the Hybrid Keys "Gilgamesh" preset in a project when I discovered that everything it played was a semitone off key. At first I thought it was some weird problem with my DAW, or a setting in Komplete Kontrol, or my ears (!)

Turns out, after finding a PDF manual and digging into the patch, that preset is tuned that way on purpose.

Seems like a weird choice. There's plenty of types of patches that you wouldn't expect to follow the keyboard pitches properly, like percussion patches, noise patches, sound effects, etc, etc. But this preset is clearly tonal, pitched, and designed to follow keyboard intervals.

My question: Is this specific preset an anomaly (or a mistake?), or should I get in the habit of checking the tuning of new instruments/preset patches when I load them? I'm pretty new to Native Instruments, and for the most part loving it so far, but I'd just like to know what to expect.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,705 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Interesting finding. It seems it's the only preset like this, I don't know why it was made that way but usually presets are in tune.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,705 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Interesting finding. It seems it's the only preset like this, I don't know why it was made that way but usually presets are in tune.

• EricS
    EricS Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Thanks for checking on it, and for the reply.