Transfering Komplete 8 to a new Mac.

Simon Martin
Simon Martin Member Posts: 3 Member

Ive bought a new macbook pro and was using komplete 8 on the old machine. Do i need to ‘sell’ komplete to myself to use it on the new machine? Presumably i will also need to upgrade.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,035 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

you just install native access on the new computer, log in and then you can download the products. It maybe can happen, that you will miss some, now, legacy instruments. But try first to install native access.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,573 Expert
    Answer ✓

My old Komplete 8 box has the serial on the back of the manual (not the box). Also, even back then you were REQUIRED to setup an account and register that serial to activate the software using Service Centre so you would have had an account tied to that serial for your gear, it will not work with a brand new account. You will have to either try remember if you didn't keep any records or contact support directly with a ticket so they can locate the email it would be tied to.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓

Hello,

you just install native access on the new computer, log in and then you can download the products. It maybe can happen, that you will miss some, now, legacy instruments. But try first to install native access.

• Simon Martin

Thanks uwe303

I installed Native access 2 on the new machine. i hadnt registered the serial number originally i guess so i created a native access account and tried to register the serial number in my account but it doesnt recognise the serial number (although i bought it new and im reading it off the packaging). Any ideas?

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,573 Expert
    Answer ✓

My old Komplete 8 box has the serial on the back of the manual (not the box). Also, even back then you were REQUIRED to setup an account and register that serial to activate the software using Service Centre so you would have had an account tied to that serial for your gear, it will not work with a brand new account. You will have to either try remember if you didn't keep any records or contact support directly with a ticket so they can locate the email it would be tied to.

• Kaldosh
    Kaldosh Member Posts: 319 Advisor

On my Komplete 8 the Serial is on the Book of CDs.

My biggest regret is that from my original Macbook and the end of Service Center, my machine is not compatible with any version 1 or 2 of Native Access and there is no way whatsoever now to activate the product I bought baack in the days on my computer which is the same generation of the product Komplete 8 who was compatible with OSX Lion but the software who authorises it is not anymore so it feels like the product I purchased has ben taken back by the seller. I don't know if it is right or if there is any way to fix this .

I wonder or it would feel if you purchase a grand piano and the seller comes back 10 years after and take it back from you withor without your consent 😒.

Being an hostage from this I paid the upgrades, saved for a newer set up, still, it doesn't feel right and the "dropping support" processus accelerate so fast that it becomes less and less relevant to adhere to those ecosystems. Especially when you technically know how it is easy to allow a software to work or not or even to have stripped down versions . I am amazed when a computer that always played videos and rode PDFs in its own time cannot do the same tasks when settings are the same. There is not more processing being asked from it. I hate those strings...

• Simon Martin

Thanks JesterMgee you made me look for old account details and sure enough i found them so niw i need to request to merge accounts to have my komplete registered in the new account.

• Uwe303

It depends, if you have products in both accounts i would try to merge them via support. If you only have komplete 8 in the old account i would use it as it is