Are the latest Macbook Pro's compatible with Maschine MK3?

bucket7
bucket7 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi everyone,

Apologies in advance if this question has been answered before, would be happy to re-directed if that is the case.

I have been a long time user of Maschine MK2, which I used in tandem with a Macbook Pro I purchased in 2013. This combination worked perfectly for me, but recently I think due to the updates/laptop degrading things stopped working and I'm looking to upgrade.

I'm thinking of purchasing the MK3, but will also need a new Macbook. Are the latest Macbook Pro's available (M1) compatible if I get the MK3? What are the suggested specs I should look for in the Macbook Pro? (Will mainly be using for music production / mixing. I also use Komplete / Kontrol in my setup).

A further question - will I be able to open up my beats made on the MK2 on the MK3 and pick up where I left off?

Open to any other suggestions (although I'm keen to stick with the Maschine / Macbook Pro combo). I heard MK3 is the way to go, but are there better options? Many thanks for your help in advance!

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,670 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @bucket7 Yes the Maschine software is compatible with M1 Macs. At the moment the Maschine software needs to run in Rosetta mode since it is not yet natively compatible. There were some reports of issues with M1 Max and M1 Pro computers: Maschine software hangs while previewing kits - Bug (KBDSW-6977)

This will be fixed in the next Maschine update. The update will also bring native M1 compatibility. More info on that here: Apple Silicon (M1 / M2) Compatibility News

Both Maschine MK2 and MK3 are compatible with M1 Macs. Your projects are handled by your computer so it doesn't matter if you use a MK2 or a MK3.

Answers