Maschine folders appearing all over the place strange behavior

AlphaCentori
AlphaCentori Member Posts: 12 Member
edited September 2022 in Maschine

Good day!

For years i was working with all my sounds in the right place, under the right vendor and right sample packs. But recently it seems the maschine software creates Maschine "greyed" out folders everwhere (see screeshot attached). And inside those folders there is the sounds from my projects.

I'm a bit confused on what's the order of things. Maybe can someone explain if there has been an new update i'm unaware of? Or maybe is the folders paths?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Alpha

Tagged:

Comments

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,868 mod
    edited September 2022

Dang, that's a very organized lib!

It's probably due to the Author Tag being empty for the same files that belong to those packs, something is causing new samples or edits not to have that tag. The vendor Tag seems OK tho.

Check by selecting one of those "Maschine 2" and inspecting the samples.wav Properties tab in the Tag Edit menu below the Browser, it should give you a hint on what's going on and possibly why.

• AlphaCentori

Many thanks i appreciate the help, will look into it for sure. Thanks!

• AlphaCentori
    edited September 2022

Unfortunately i still have the same problem after adding the author and vendor name to each sound library (packs). Could it be a installation path issue?

I should maybe ask first, is it normal that it creates a maschine folder greyed out? I know that a year or so back then that maschine 2 folder didn't created itself like that.

I must've done something new that triggered that behavior.

Could it be caused by the fact that i save all my projects with samples? So they create duplicates?

• AlphaCentori

Anybody can help me with this? I'm going nuts over this.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,868 mod
    edited September 2022

You have to look at those files in the new Maschine 2 thumbnails and inspect them to understand what's different about them that makes them go into those new folders... Tags are a start, where the samples are located is another. I cant help you if you don't share these details.

First, understand what's different about them, then we can try to guess what's causing it.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,349 Expert

Could these be duplicates which are copied into your projects by Save Project with Samples?