Session Guitarist Electric Sunburst Deluxe midi output

Duggle
Duggle Member Posts: 3 Member

Is it possible to obtain the midi output of a performance from said instrument?

I love the spontaneous and creative experience of playing chords but I simply have to work the output somewhat to integrate with my music!

Transcribing everything is time intensive. Pitch to midi is too clunky.

For example with Kontakt India you can drag patterns out of the gui as midi clips.

I was hoping to be able to capture the whole performance with arpeggios and chord changes...

thanks

Best Answer

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    Answer ✓

All the Session & Electric guitar series, (with the exception of Electric Mint [the latest]) are pattern players (unless in 'melody' mode) and the patterns are played inside the script; as such the actual notes played are not exposed to the keyboard midi out.

I've set my VST instantiation to output midi on several of the NI 'pattern play' type of instruments... some work (like India & Cuba), but so far, no luck with the Session series.

It would be really cool though... maybe they'll get updated someday.

Answers

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    Answer ✓

All the Session & Electric guitar series, (with the exception of Electric Mint [the latest]) are pattern players (unless in 'melody' mode) and the patterns are played inside the script; as such the actual notes played are not exposed to the keyboard midi out.

I've set my VST instantiation to output midi on several of the NI 'pattern play' type of instruments... some work (like India & Cuba), but so far, no luck with the Session series.

It would be really cool though... maybe they'll get updated someday.