Changing the Velocity on CLIPS

Options
Fernando.coppi
Fernando.coppi Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited September 2022 in Maschine

Hi guys.

I am having a problem to change the velocity on my CLIPS

Example:

1. create a Pattern, put down the notes on STEP MODE. Hold down the notes and with "volume + Velocity" button selected, use the 4D knob to increase or decrease the velocity of the notes you are holding. NO Problems here
  2. Create a CLIP, do the same process above and you can't change the velocity of the notes of the CLIP.

I am doing something wrong ?

Best

Fernando

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

Does not appear you are doing anything wrong, but rather that with clips in step mode, velocity can only be modified on the first clip on the timeline if an existing pattern is "Inserted as Clip" or a Newly Created Blank Clip. Any other clips added do not respond to Velocity changes. Being that the whole "Clips" thing never got fully "Finished" and Development of it basically abandoned, it does not surprise me that this "slipped through the cracks...shame, because the whole idea of clips was looking great....

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

Does not appear you are doing anything wrong, but rather that with clips in step mode, velocity can only be modified on the first clip on the timeline if an existing pattern is "Inserted as Clip" or a Newly Created Blank Clip. Any other clips added do not respond to Velocity changes. Being that the whole "Clips" thing never got fully "Finished" and Development of it basically abandoned, it does not surprise me that this "slipped through the cracks...shame, because the whole idea of clips was looking great....