Kontakt loads without any patches

Terry
Terry Member Posts: 4 Member
edited August 2022 in Kontakt

Hi everyone, can you help me with this one please?

All my DAW projects (Studio One) and templates suddenly started loading with empty Kontakt instances. The instruments on the left and in Quick Load are still there and correctly routed to my drive but there are no patches loaded or channels set up for my multis for any track. This started happening when I uninstalled Novation Automap. Re-installing didn’t help. Is there any way to get my patches to load again? The information which patches are needed in each instance must still be there, surely! Other samplers (Sine, Spitfire Player) load all the patches fine. Thank you for any pointers, I appreciate it.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod
    Answer ✓

@Terry I reached out to a colleague regarding your issue. I don't come up with great news. When you use Automap, The automap creates a new vst file for Kontakt, something like Kontakt(automap).dll. So, if you saved your template with these instances, this is where the information was stored. I'm afraid there is no way to retreave the information. Maybe you could reach out to Novation regarding this issue.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI

@Terry This is onlyt happening in templates ? If you open a Kontakt library in a Kontakt instance in a project, can you see all your available libraries, do they load normally? Could you post screenshots of the issue in your templates ?

• Terry
    edited August 2022

Thank you Jeremy. This happens in all projects and templates. Here is a screenshot showing the Kontakt instance being empty where the loaded patches should be. All the libraries are there and load fine.

• Jeremy_NI

@Terry Can you reproduce the issue in an empty project, when you load a Kontakt instrument (not from a template but directly on an instrument track), save the project and open it again ? You mention that you were using Automap, was it in relation to Kontakt?

• Terry

@Jeremy_NI Thank you for your help. I created a new project but (un-)fortunately, this issue only occurs on all my previous projects and templates. Automap was required for a rental MIDI keyboard and might have messed something up with the way Kontakt remembers which patches are loaded in each instance. Do you know if there is a way to restore that information? Where is that information held, in the DAW project file or within Kontakt?

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@Terry I reached out to a colleague regarding your issue. I don't come up with great news. When you use Automap, The automap creates a new vst file for Kontakt, something like Kontakt(automap).dll. So, if you saved your template with these instances, this is where the information was stored. I'm afraid there is no way to retreave the information. Maybe you could reach out to Novation regarding this issue.

• Terry
    edited September 2022

Thank you @Jeremy_NI I really appreciate your effort getting to the root cause of this. It's a shame Automap would mess with the patch information to this extent but I'll reach out to Novation to find out more.

• Jeremy_NI

Hey @Terry. Please don't get your hopes too high, it's a tricky situation between Kontakt, Automap and Studio One, you have to be prepared to the fact that you might have to remake your templates and your old projects, hopefully without Automap this time.

• rententen
    rententen Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Same happened to me today. I installed Automap and all my previous projects in Reaper had empty Kontakt instances in them, where there were previously loaded Kontakt instruments for that specific project. Huge bummer, I am going to uninstall Automap and probably never trying to use it again. Why would they replace the Kontakt plugins instead of just making new ones called Kontakt (Automap) or something... really disappointing.