What's the intended purpose of importing instruments to Komplete Kontrol SW?

IvoryKeys88
IvoryKeys88 Member Posts: 26 Member

Hi there ...

I have recently (yesterday) landed an S88 MK2 into my living room. I am now in the process of familiarising myself with the software, etc.

I have downloaded numerous free instrument samples in NKI format. I can open them in Komplete Kontrol (the software). As expected, I do so through the Files tab. I see that it has the option to "Import" a folder. When I import a folder with one or more NKI files in it, I get the option to select which "Type" the instrument is, and (optionally) the "Character".

After doing the import they are nowhere to be found in the "Library" tab. So I am wondering, what's the intended purpose of importing third-party NKIs into KK?

Thanks very much ...

Jonathan

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

self imported Libraries show up under “User” presets. There is a “Person” icon at the top right of the browser, select that and you should see any imported instruments/loops and One shots.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

self imported Libraries show up under “User” presets. There is a “Person” icon at the top right of the browser, select that and you should see any imported instruments/loops and One shots.