Kilohearts plugins break Maschine GUI knobs (MacOS)

Options
2»

Comments

• mizmizter
    mizmizter Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
    Options

The maschine/waves issue is not fixed. I'm running 2.16.1 and v14. The pots/knobs cannot be adjusted using a mouse/trackpad in maschine when waves plugins are in the project. This is clearly not a third party issue if it's happening with kilohearts, too. NI needs to fix this bug.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,600 Expert
    Options

All works fine on Windows in both Maschine and KK. I'd say it's more a mac issue than NI or Kilohearts specifically. Just like the Waves GUI issue in Waves 10, that only an issue on mac but did also affect other DAWs and not just Maschine.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited December 2022
    Options

Hard to know who to blame but the fact is out of hundreds of plug-in companies only Kiloherts and Waves had/have this issue, afaik... Based on what happened with Waves it doesn't seem NI will (or can) fix it, so it falls on Kiloherts, if that's fair or not I don't know.

My understanding is that at some point NI applied some custom fix to allow compatibility for some macOS version, something related to GUI / mouse control ... Whatever that fix is can conflict with the way other plugin vendors do it but the fact remains that the vast majority of plugs work fine.

Note that this bug only happens if we change parameters in the plugin GUI window with the mouse.

• mizmizter
    mizmizter Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
    Options

NI support is on it. They weren't dismissive, which is a good sign. I'm not sure suggesting that it's a waves/kilo issue just because it only affects these plugins. I could suggest it's the opposite. Waves works fine with logic, mpc, celemony, izotope, devious machines, cableguys, soundtoys, etc. So it could just as likely be maschine. Who knows???

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,742 mod
    Options

I can confirm this and also in Komplete Kontrol with all Kilohearts plugins. It's like the knob is generating some kind of midi feedback but it's even affecting other plugins and I have to quit KK/Mas to clear it

• myalteredsoul
    myalteredsoul Member Posts: 202 Advisor
    Options

Just checked (cause I use kHz plugins a ton). This is not an issue with the few I just went through. Checked both VST and VST3. All seems to be working. Windows, Maschine up to date, Kiloheartz plugins all up to date.

Which plugins from the bundle are causing the issue specifically?

• Kymeia
    Options

All of them but this is on Mac

• Rob Gray
    Rob Gray Member Posts: 54 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options

Kilohearts plugins do this in Battery too on Mac. Older Waves plugins and the Ohm Force also. I suspect interacting with more companies' GUIs can cause it as well as I've had this occur in projects without Waves, OF, or KHS in them.

• statue
    statue Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Damn. I really wish this bug will be fixed, it is a real workflow killer for me at the moment.

I've been slowly getting back into music producing and trying hard to minimize and streamline my toolkit, because I'm suffering from a very bad choice overload.

But Maschine and Kilohearts stuff are definitely those I'd want to keep and use extensively.

I really enjoy Maschine for jamming, making sketches & loops, etc. It just forces me to be creative and musical and makes making music fun, which is perhaps the most important thing.

On the other hand, I've had quite a lot of stressful moments with the complexity, bad & slow GUI, etc. with other NI products as well (looking at you Reaktor, Kontakt, Massive X, Super 8) so I am seriously thinking it might be time to ditch NI completely. Maybe switch to FL Studio for my sketching/jamming and then do arrangement/editing/mixing/mastering in Reaper.

I'm not even expecting bigger updates for Maschine anymore, like better automation, plugin PDC etc. But I will be waiting for a fix for this for a couple of more months.

• Kymeia
    Options

Agreed - I reported it to NI and Kilihearts months ago