Stem Creator use... and the master file?

6xes
6xes Member Posts: 79 Tri

im using the Stem creator.. which is really neat

i had isolated the stems of alot of my favourite songs in the past using the awesome Spleeter application..

in some cases im having the isolate the stems again... as i had used the 5 stem isolation option which sometimes has blank noise on the outgoing stem sometimes... the other 4 stems usually have all the audio

What i have noticed when using the Stem Creator is that it requires a master file...

and i've just been throwing a blank noise stem into it..

So my question is what does the Master file do?? i read something about it having some stereo information.. or something along those line??

Can someone in the know elaborate on how essential it is to have the master file... and what im missing if i use a blank noise stem?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh GermanyMember Posts: 321 Saw
    Answer ✓

The master file is the audio track being played on software that is unable to separately play the 4 stems.

So if you play the file using traktor, you will hear the 4 stems. If you play the file using let's say VLC player, you will hear the master track (which is supposed to be all 4 stems together and mastered).

Answers

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh GermanyMember Posts: 321 Saw
    Answer ✓

The master file is the audio track being played on software that is unable to separately play the 4 stems.

So if you play the file using traktor, you will hear the 4 stems. If you play the file using let's say VLC player, you will hear the master track (which is supposed to be all 4 stems together and mastered).

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 79 Tri

i see now!! thanks Sûlherokhh