Kontakt sync trouble (no start / stop)

Tguyfr
Tguyfr Member Posts: 3 Member
edited August 2022 in Kontakt

Hi there,

I'm experiencing a very annoying issue with drum modules within Kontakt 6.7.1. DrumLab or Drummer don't start and stop within my DAWs (Live 11 / Logic) in any plugin format (AU, VST, VST3). The Kontakt start / stop sync obviously works (white arrows t the top), but the message isn't forwarded to the loaded up modules. I have to press he orange arrow to make it work. Strangely, the beat is synced with the DAW. Under modules like India, you can toggle between host and free sync, but I can't see anything such this button in Drummer or DrumLab. What am I doing wrong ? Is it a bug or something normal ?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

The Drum Grooves provided in the NI Durm Libraries are not triggered by DAW transport. They can only be previewed in Kontakt and then using the 4-way arrow by the groove name you can drag the Groove to a track in your DAW. This is normal and has always been this way.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

The Drum Grooves provided in the NI Durm Libraries are not triggered by DAW transport. They can only be previewed in Kontakt and then using the 4-way arrow by the groove name you can drag the Groove to a track in your DAW. This is normal and has always been this way.

• Tguyfr
    Tguyfr Member Posts: 3 Member

Ok, thanks for your answer. That is definitely a stupid choice from NI. Those tools are great though, but using them is quite unfriendly.