Anyone else having problems logging in to the forum from Chrome browser?

colB
colB Member Posts: 798 Guru
edited August 2022 in Social Club

So far I've had two different errors.

"Unable to auto-connect because SSO did not provide an email address"

and "WE'RE SORRY, SOMETHING WENT WRONG WHEN ATTEMPTING TO LOG IN."

Seems to work fine on Firefox, but I'd rather just use Chrome

Best Answer

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
    Answer ✓

Hey, multiple cases have been reported to the platform provider, it's an issue on their side. Here's what their support told me:

Sorry for the difficulties and thanks for letting us know. A couple of other customers have just reported this same error and we are looking into it currently. 

In the meantime, if you try clearing your cache and that may resolve the issue. It seems to happen sporadically and we're working on identifying exactly when this occurs. Will keep you updated!

So clearing your cache should do the trick 🤞 Let us know if the issue persists.

Answers

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
    Answer ✓

Hey, multiple cases have been reported to the platform provider, it's an issue on their side. Here's what their support told me:

Sorry for the difficulties and thanks for letting us know. A couple of other customers have just reported this same error and we are looking into it currently. 

In the meantime, if you try clearing your cache and that may resolve the issue. It seems to happen sporadically and we're working on identifying exactly when this occurs. Will keep you updated!

So clearing your cache should do the trick 🤞 Let us know if the issue persists.

• colB
    colB Member Posts: 798 Guru

Clearing the browser cache seems to have sorted it for now

• mag.trampoline
    mag.trampoline Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hey, I faced the same issue on laptop but I tried on mobile and it worked. After reading this, I tried clearing cache and it's working. Thanks!