What does "stepless" mean?

I'm going through the keyboard shortcut list in Traktor Pro 3 and there is a shortcut listed as "tempo bend (stepless)" What does that mean and how is it different than the normal "tempo bend"?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod
    Answer ✓

The normal Tempo Bend assignment is a Hold function. If you press and hold the button, Tempo either increases step by step up to max (+100%) or decreases up to min (-100%).

Tempo Bend (Stepless) has no hold function. It will increase or decrease tempo either by a set amount (+/- 6.25%) or to a set value (which can be somewhere between -100% and +100%, stepless). One can simulate a hold function with this as well by assigning the same command twice, the second time doing exactly the opposite bend and, by checking the inverted box, doing it when releasing the button.

You can find out all about the functions by simply assigning them to buttons and testing the functionality, which i just did for you. 🦋

Answers

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod
    Answer ✓

The normal Tempo Bend assignment is a Hold function. If you press and hold the button, Tempo either increases step by step up to max (+100%) or decreases up to min (-100%).

Tempo Bend (Stepless) has no hold function. It will increase or decrease tempo either by a set amount (+/- 6.25%) or to a set value (which can be somewhere between -100% and +100%, stepless). One can simulate a hold function with this as well by assigning the same command twice, the second time doing exactly the opposite bend and, by checking the inverted box, doing it when releasing the button.

You can find out all about the functions by simply assigning them to buttons and testing the functionality, which i just did for you. 🦋

• DJDQmusic
    DJDQmusic Member Posts: 29 Member

Thank you for your help! I appreciate it!