Welcome back to your "Building With Reaktor" area

Matt_NI
Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,105 admin

Hey everybody,

This is your new place to discuss Reaktor building, as previously available here: https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/forums/building-with-reaktor.68/

We made sure to keep the more advanced area for both Reaktor and Kontakt available in our new space. With your help, we will do our best to make some of the topics discussed in our original forum available here again.

Please join the discussions and don't hesitate to contact our mods/admin if you need any assistance on how to use your new area 🚀

Comments

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
  • Matt_NI
    edited January 2022

Welcome back @Paule

We'll start working on bringing content from Reaktor here soon but if you want to add posts, don't hesitate 🙌

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

You're an admin, okay. I'm noise … what do that means?

• Matt_NI

You can find more information about the ranks and badges in our welcome area - here

If you have any questions or feedback, this thread might also be more suitable: https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/41/help-us-improve-this-new-community-share-your-ideas-and-feedback

• Studiowaves
    Studiowaves Member Posts: 451 Advisor

Good forum, I'm learning all kinds of things.

• Bolle
    Bolle Member Posts: 349 Pro

Suggestions:

• Make the User Library searchable for Most Downloaded and/or Best Rated this past year, in addition to past three months and all time. That's a 15+ year gap. I know searches can be narrowed down slightly by selecting Reaktor 6 in the build properties menu, but only slightly.
    • Some feature that encourages people to rate a User Library build. Most people just rip and run. No rating, no comment. That is not very encouraging for Reaktor builders.
    • Past 1k downloads the counter starts counting per 100 downloads, so a builder has no way of knowing the amount of downloads in between. Not very encouraging if the counter is the only thing a builder has to go by.
    • More info / advertisement when Native Access gets an update that affects Reaktor users. Too many of the User Library comments are about not being able to update Reaktor to the required 6.5 version in the old Native Access. This should be an announcement at the top of the Reaktor forum.

Greets,

Bolle

• P-box
    P-box Member Posts: 55 Member

Thanks @Bolle

Regarding: Rating the User Library Builds:

1. embed a hyperlink in every user library item that the user can hit once they have evaluated the device that returns them to that user library item so they can rate it.
    2. auto-send a notification one week (arbitrary time frame) later to remind person to rate the library item, and even auto-resend (at specific intervals) until the item has been rated.

I often don't have time to download, use and become familiar with, and rate User Library items all at one time. By the time I have evaluated the item it is often days later, I am often busy using it in whatever project I am working on, and it is not convenient to navigate over to the Library, find the item and rate it.

Honestly, it is not because I don't care or recognize the value of feedback. It is a time/workflow/convenience combination. And I believe the lack of feedback demonstrates this clearly.

If I had an embedded hyperlink inside the downloaded User Library item, I truly believe I would. This would make feedback easy. Even if I didn't do it on the first pass evaluation, I would know the hyperlink was there, and could do it the next time I used the item.

Perhaps these solutions are not possible(?); not sure what it would take from NI's perspective, but I fully agree the Feedback issue needs attention. When an item that's been downloaded 8,000 times has seven comments, and 24 ratings, seems like something significant is missing!

And it would make the community feel much more responsive and alive.

• P-box
    P-box Member Posts: 55 Member

In the efforts to start moving this idea forward I added this to the User Library:

www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/15317/

It is simple (very) - but in the absence of a true hyperlink it might be a decent option.

If this (or a similar idea) becomes standard for builder to use, those that download Library Items might come to expect looking for and using this.