Hello,
I'm experiencing a reproducible stuck-notes issue with the latest version of Kontakt 8 when it runs as a plugin inside Cubase 13 Pro. I did not notice this problem with earlier versions of Kontakt 8, and the same setup works correctly with the latest version of Kontakt 7, so this looks like a regression introduced in a recent Kontakt 8 update.
SYSTEM
- Kontakt 8.13.1, latest version via Native Access (affected)
- Kontakt 7: latest version downloaded from the NI website (works correctly)
- DAW: Cubase 13 Pro
- OS: Windows 10
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
- Audio interface: RME Fireface UC
- MIDI keyboard: Kawai ES7, connected via USB
- Original sustain pedal, connected to the MIDI keyboard
PROBLEM
When I play with the sustain pedal down and then release it, some notes stay stuck (they keep sounding). Only notes that were played more than once while the pedal was held get stuck; notes played only once are released correctly.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
- Load any Kontakt instrument on a MIDI/instrument track in Cubase and play live (example NOIRE).
- Press and hold the sustain pedal.
- Play an ascending scale and then a descending scale over the same notes.
- Release the pedal.
- Play one of those notes staccato: the sound sustains indefinitely. Play a note that was not part of the scale: it is cut off correctly.
- Pressing Stop in Cubase releases the stuck notes (also happens with the transport stopped).
WHAT I HAVE CHECKED
- The MIDI data is clean. A MIDI Monitor in Cubase shows every Note On and Note Off exactly once, and CC64 goes smoothly up to 127 on press and down to 0 on release. I can send the log if useful.
- The recorded MIDI plays back without stuck notes; it only happens with live input.
- The same instrument and the same keyboard work correctly in Kontakt standalone.
- Other players inside the same Cubase setup works correctly (example: Omnisphere).
- It happens in a new empty Cubase project, with no MIDI inserts, input transformers or modifiers on the track.
- Changing MIDI Thru, Reset on Stop and the ASIO buffer size makes no difference.
- The issue also occurred before I changed any transport settings in Cubase.
Is this a known issue between Kontakt and Cubase 13? Is there any setting, driver or version I should try? I'm happy to provide the MIDI log, a screen recording or any diagnostic information you need.
Thank you,
JM