I'm using GR7 on Windows 11. Everything worked perfectly until June of this year. It started with security update 2026-06, KB5094126. After installation and several Windows restarts, I could no longer control the GR7 via MIDI from Rig Kontrol. It works fine in the Control Editor. So I uninstalled the update, and it worked again. But then, of course, there's a new security update every month: 2026-07, 2026-08, and now 2026-09. You don't want to miss every security update, because otherwise, your system becomes insecure. I spent a long time trying to get it working again. Thanks to AI, I finally figured out the problem. Microsoft started updating the Windows MIDI service in June. Apparently, with 2026-09, this update process is supposed to be complete, but I'm not entirely convinced. So I searched for a solution and found one for now. This only works if you stop and restart the Windows MIDI service while the Rig Kontrol is already connected to the computer and "CON" is displayed. If you disconnect and reconnect, the MIDI service issue starts all over again. The "Rig Kontrol 3 midi" entry then disappears from GR7's preferences. The AI can write a small script for starting/stopping the MIDI service, which could then be executed somewhat faster via a batch file, but this isn't necessarily a solution. There's supposedly a tool called loopMIDI that provides the controller editor's MIDI signals to GR7 via a different route. I haven't tried this method yet. Support hasn't found a solution so far. GR6 or GR7 would need an update. It works flawlessly with GR5 despite security updates. Does anyone else have this problem or is experiencing it? It would be interesting to know how you solved it.
Best regards, Elias