Prime Bass - can it be used in live situations?

Options
josephsli
josephsli Member Posts: 1 Member
edited August 2022 in Kontakt

Hi,

Often I am the 'one man band' with a couple of keyboards and synth. Have been using the Program/Performance features live to create a virtual band during my gigs (so playing the chords on one keyboard, pretty much like auto accompaniment like on arrangers) but wondering if I could take advantage of the great patterns and riffs in the Prime Bass in live situations - ie, I play chords on a dedicated MIDI keyboard that goes into the Mac that runes Prime Bass...can the patterns be changed live with ease and with no audible delay/switch over?

thanks

Joe

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can do it as the patterns are assigned to Key switches and can be triggered/changed easily, but by design the pattern changing works best if triggered slightly before the you want the pattern to change and depending on any midi latency, might be difficult to execute perfectly every time...

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can do it as the patterns are assigned to Key switches and can be triggered/changed easily, but by design the pattern changing works best if triggered slightly before the you want the pattern to change and depending on any midi latency, might be difficult to execute perfectly every time...