Fix for M32 single key not working?

bdenicourt
bdenicourt Member Posts: 4 Member
edited August 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

I just bought an M32 and have been pulling my hair out. I installed Native Access and used that to download Komplete Control and various instruments/sounds. I opened them as standalone version first and am using them in Logic Pro 10.7.4. When I use the M32 controller, everything works great, except for a single "D" note. If I change the octave down, the higher physical key for the same "D" note does not work, and the physical key that did not work, works for the lower "D" note. Because of this, the issue is not a broken key. If I hit the note many times, it will finally work and just stay on. Its the craziest thing. I tested the M32 in GarageBand and it works fine! Has anyone had a similar issue or know a workaround? I have deleted all native instruments and redownloaded, reset PRAM on my Mac, and reset all Logic Pro preferences as potential fixes, but nothing. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

in a post in the old forum someone stated this (same problem you are having)

Broken note UPDATE: I fixed it!! In Logic, I opened up control surface then a window called controller assignments and deleted a bunch of things that seemed strange. No idea how it got messed up as i NEVER go to this window. So far so good!

Granted it is a little vague, but worth a look at those assignments

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

in a post in the old forum someone stated this (same problem you are having)

Broken note UPDATE: I fixed it!! In Logic, I opened up control surface then a window called controller assignments and deleted a bunch of things that seemed strange. No idea how it got messed up as i NEVER go to this window. So far so good!

Granted it is a little vague, but worth a look at those assignments

• bdenicourt
    bdenicourt Member Posts: 4 Member

@Blindeddie Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! After two days of trying to figure this out, your post fixed it! I simply opened the controller assignments in logic and just deleted everything in there. I am not sure what all of it was, but once I reconnected the M32, it remapped everything and more stuff showed up under the controller assignments, but now it works!

Thank you for the quick reply! Kudos for the find in the old forum!