Adjusting Pattern Length

ChrisB1969
ChrisB1969 Member Posts: 25 Member

Hello,

For some reason, I am unable to adjust the end of my pattern by clicking the end and dragging horizontally in the timeline. The manual says I should be able to do this. I can click on the length and type in the parameters and drag my mouse wheel which changes the length my a full measure at a time. Am I missing something?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro
    Answer ✓

It snaps to the grid, either change the grid size or turn snap off.

Shift is snap overide.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

To adjust by dragging, make sure you mouse pointer is over the End “Marker”. It should then turn into a left and right arrow cursor… see page 319 of the Mk3 manual. Also, finer increments adjustments are possible by pressing Shift while adjusting…

• ChrisB1969

OK. So your answer partly works. I am not sure if that is because there is some preference or selection I have chosen to make the software behave this way. What I have trouble-shooted based on your comment, is that if the marker is directly on the beginning of a measure, I cannot move it unless I hold the shift button down. If the marker is in the middle of a measure I can grab it with the mouse and move it by holding shift down. I can even move it to a barline without holding shift down if it is already in the middle of the measure. This is what I have observed so far.

• ChrisB1969

OK, so now I see that I can move it by measure if I drag it far enough, even without holding shift.

• ChrisB1969

My bad. My bad.

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro
    Answer ✓

It snaps to the grid, either change the grid size or turn snap off.

Shift is snap overide.