Busy season in progress... Please note that due to a high volume of requests, the response time from our support is currently longer than usual. Chat is temporarily not available. We thank you for your understanding.

Adjusting Pattern Length

ChrisB1969
ChrisB1969 Member Posts: 22 Sine

Hello,

For some reason, I am unable to adjust the end of my pattern by clicking the end and dragging horizontally in the timeline. The manual says I should be able to do this. I can click on the length and type in the parameters and drag my mouse wheel which changes the length my a full measure at a time. Am I missing something?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 219 Saw
    Answer ✓

It snaps to the grid, either change the grid size or turn snap off.

Shift is snap overide.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie U.S.A.Member Posts: 1,454 Pulse

To adjust by dragging, make sure you mouse pointer is over the End “Marker”. It should then turn into a left and right arrow cursor… see page 319 of the Mk3 manual. Also, finer increments adjustments are possible by pressing Shift while adjusting…

• ChrisB1969

OK. So your answer partly works. I am not sure if that is because there is some preference or selection I have chosen to make the software behave this way. What I have trouble-shooted based on your comment, is that if the marker is directly on the beginning of a measure, I cannot move it unless I hold the shift button down. If the marker is in the middle of a measure I can grab it with the mouse and move it by holding shift down. I can even move it to a barline without holding shift down if it is already in the middle of the measure. This is what I have observed so far.

• ChrisB1969

OK, so now I see that I can move it by measure if I drag it far enough, even without holding shift.

• ChrisB1969

My bad. My bad.

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 219 Saw
    Answer ✓

It snaps to the grid, either change the grid size or turn snap off.

Shift is snap overide.