how can i change the sensitivity of aftertouch on my KKMK2 s88?

Options
StarSMASH
StarSMASH Member Posts: 16 Member
edited July 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

i have to really use some muscle to apply the aftertouch and i want it to activate much easier and lighter to the touch. I don't see anything online or in KK about this issue which is separate than velocity scaling.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,600 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

There are no options because it’s a physical thing, it just requires pressure and probably a little more on the S88 given the chunkier keys.

Answers

• JesterMgee
    Answer ✓
    Options

There are no options because it’s a physical thing, it just requires pressure and probably a little more on the S88 given the chunkier keys.

• DPFranz
    DPFranz Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

This is a real bummer. You noted that it's a "physical thing." So...the physical thing translates a pressure to a midi value, correct? I can see this in my DAW, the aftertouch is recorded. With S61 mk 2, it goes from zero to maxed with almost no difference in applied pressure. So why not just output a lesser midi value for a given pressure, i.e., a curve? Is there some reason why this is not possible?

• JesterMgee
    Options

No idea man, I’m no scientist, just know there is no adjustment for it, on the S61 it seems fine for what it does but never tried an S88.