Maschine does not recognize the MIDI channels from the external hardware controllers

alexrm1x
alexrm1x Member Posts: 9 Member
edited July 2022 in Maschine

Hello,

I'm using Maschine 2.15.2 (R2) and the software does not recognize the MIDI channels from the external hardware controllers.

When you choose any of the programmable knobs or buttons in the software (i.e. Group Level) and you press the "LEARN" button (down-pointing arrow in the bottom left corner of the Control area to reveal the Assignment area underneath), the CC is detected but no MIDI channel is related.

As many MIDI hardware controllers in the market are hard-coded to use different MIDI channels for each row of controls, this makes them all incompatible with the Maschine software.

Here I attach a sceenshot: If you program a controller, and repeat the operation for the next knob, the assignment replaces the first one, even if you are sending the CC from a different MIDI channel (but same CC).

Are there any plans to detect the MIDI channels for the Learn buttons?

This will enable support for many MIDI controllers in the market, even the bests and most reliable like the Vestax VCM-600 and others which use the same layout with separate MIDI channels for each are of the controller.

Thanks,

Tagged: