Kore2 File Format

Lowkus
Lowkus Member Posts: 27 Member
edited July 2022 in Other Software & Hardware

If anyone has access to the Kore2 File Format please let me know. I want to get my older ksd files updated to use the newer version of Kontakt. Some of them refer to Kontakt3 and unfortunately NI makes it difficult/impossible to register those older Kontakt versions.

Tagged:

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,542 admin

Hi @Lowkus a fresh install is not anymore possible unfortunately. You can find more info here:

Is it possible to download KORE 2 software?

• Lowkus

I own the software and can get it installed, it's just that the registration process won't work. Somehow there needs to be a solution for registering older NI software. It's not right for them to refuse to register older software.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,788 Expert

They decided so... IMHO it violates EULA.... Most of companies, if they cannot provide registering its SW, release that SW without copy protection.... That is what NI should do for all EOL SW.

• Lowkus

When NI started the online registration system they promised if it ever stopped working they would give out a universal registration number that allows the software to work without having to register it online. Apparently NI abandoned that promise.